Thursday, October 19, 2017

Things You Should NEVER Say to a Bookworm




I'm sure that you have heard at least one of these things. I've heard them all, I actually got the idea last week when my boss saw a book in my purse when I arrived for work and asked me:



9) "Why waste time reading the book when you can watch the movie?"



8) I don't like JK Rowling and think HP is overrated. 



7) You could be doing much better things with your time.



6) You can't call yourself a read unless you read ____ 



5) Aren't you too old to be reading that MG/YA title? 



4) You know it's a fictional character, right?



3) Don't you have enough books? You don't need to buy more. 



2) I read too but I read better books, like the classics and more substantial books. Things that make me smarter.  



1) You really need a new hobby. 




Have you heard any of these or something else I've missed? Let me know below the things you've been told for loving the books you do. Also, don't ever let someone make you feel guilty for what you love.... unless you like something illegal, then I would stop but besides that, don't ever stop reading what you love. 

6 comments:

  1. Ug, all these questions are annoying. I’ve been asked “Why don’t you just watch the movie.” BECAUSE THE BOOK IS BETTER! That’s why.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is ALWAYS better! I don't understand why no one else gets that but us book lovers.

      Delete
  2. Ugh yeah I hate getting comments on how people like reading more 'substantial' books (code for nonfiction). I mean, I do like reading nonfiction or literary fiction or generally 'substantial' books but I also love reading YA which is just as substantial! It's just important in a different way and if you can't see that, then you're terribly conceited and need a reality check. Also, you need to read The Book Thief. Classic example of an amazing YA book! I love responding to those comments with recommendations for amazing YA books :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too lol. When someone says something about my reading habits, I always recommend some amazing YA book. The Book Thief is one I really need to read! I've been wanting to read it for such a long time and have heard nothing but good things about it.

      Delete
  3. I've learned not to listen to all the negativity about the books I read. It's just not worth my effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I understand completely and I think every bookworm should learn this. Then we can just read in peace and not care what others think/say.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!