Sunday, October 01, 2017

Outlander Season 1



Claire has just got through World War 2 and is back together with her husband Frank. They decide to take a holiday before he begins his teaching job. Though nothing goes as planned and Claire finds herself in 18th Century Scotland. 

This season is a wild ride! It never slows down. From the moment Claire is transported back back in time. I feel so bad for her but damn if she is not one of the strongest female leads I have ever seen. The actress who plays her is beyond perfect. Honestly, the whole cast is perfectly chosen for their roles. I love them all.


So my favorite parts of this season were... all of it! But getting into details, I love the romance between Jamie and Claire. They are so perfect together and it makes me feel bad for frank because I do like him too. I also just want to put out there... am I the only one who's not crushing hard on Sam? I mean sure he's hot but... I don't know, maybe he's just not my cup of tea.


I really loved the whole witch trial part of the season. I knew something was up with Geillis! I had a feeling she was an Outlander like Claire and it was so cool that I was right! I just wish we could have seen more of her and it would've been nice if her and Claire had talked about all this before the trial. 

My heart went out for Frank during the first part of the season when we got pieces of him. I couldn't help but cry at his pain. I wouldn't ever want to be in his place. 


Of course I loved the wedding scene that I had been waiting so long for! It was perfect and glorious and just awesome. I loved all the Highlanders and their sense of humor. I also love how many times that Claire stumped them. They did not know what to do with a modern girl like her! I loved that she never backed down from them. Like I said before, she is such a strong character. So much love for her. I think I'm more infatuated with her than Jamie. 

What killed me the most was the last two episodes... poor Jamie. I cried so hard watching what he went through just to protect the woman he loved. I could never imagine having to go through something like that and coming out the same person I was before. I really felt for him. He'd been though such a lot in his short life. 


Also that bombshell of Claire being pregnant! I didn't see that coming! I was blown away from it. I'm so excited to see where this goes now that they are going to France. I love France so this is going to be awesome for me to watch. I also need to read the book, I got it from the library and can't wait to jump into it. 

So what was your favorite part/episode? 

If you've not watching this show yet then I suggest you get to it now! It's freaking great! 

2 comments:

  1. This is one where I actually liked the show more than the book. I only read the first book and the show followed it pretty well, but it covers the important stuff. I thought the book could have been 200-300 pages shorter and it wouldn't have suffered for it. Anyway, though, I've watched the first two seasons and I'm hooked - I can't wait to see the third season. In season 1, I really liked the witch trial stuff and when Jamie finds out the truth about Claire. You've got good stuff to look forward to in season 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started the book but I can already tell that you're right, it's very drawn out for reasons I don't get. Sadly, I hear that gets worse as the series goes on.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!