Friday, October 27, 2017

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Scary Novel

This meme is hosted by myself and Laura from Blue Eye Books


What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for the Week
Favorite/Least Favorite Scary Novel

Since Halloween is just around the corner, I thought why not do a topic about scary books? It seemed fitting and since I love Halloween, I decided why not? So sadly, I've not read a lot of scary novels because I get scared of them. I can watch any horror film and yeah it's scary while watching it but the next day I'm over it. Not scared anymore. There is something more scary about a horror novel as you create the world, it can get as scary as your imagination lets it. 

So yeah, my mind runs away with horror novels and it gets so scary in my mind that I have nightmares and I'm scared to walk in the dark, I won't even get up to go to the bathroom at night alone, it gets that bad. Was that TMI? I'm sorry if it was.

So needless to say, I've not read a lot but I have read some and I do have some favorites and some that weren't even scary to me at all. 




Least Favorite
I was looking through Goodreads to find this book and I can't believe it's been two whole years since I've read this one! My God, how time just freaking flies. I was thinking I had read it last year but nope, I read it back in 2015. If you want to know my thoughts on why I choose this as my least favorite, here's my review









Favorite 
It's creepy and scary. The character development is nice and it made me leave the lights on for quite a well. This is a great Halloween read for sure! 


I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday and hope to see you again next Friday! 


Topic for Next Week
Best/Worst Book Read in October 










5 comments:

  1. I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood. It was a pretty good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! It's even better considering it's YA horror and I've found that horror in YA isn't always the best.

      Delete
  2. Anna Dressed in Blood was awesome! I remember Diary of a Haunting floating around, but honestly the cover put me off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to read Anna Dressed in Blood! I'm not a super big horror/scary book fan but I've heard amazing things about it!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!