Saturday, June 24, 2017

Unrest - Book Breakdown



New York Times bestselling author Wendy Higgins brings you the second book in this thrilling war-torn world... Being on the run in the desert means food and sanctuary are hard to come by, but Amber Tate and her crew are not about to give up. Not after having the things they love brutally ripped from them by an unknown enemy who sent their world into the apocalypse. Survival takes precedence, but once safe shelter is found, their guards fall and the emotions they've been holding in are finally released. Anger, insecurities...lust. In their tight quarters, Amber, Rylen, Tater, and Remy can't escape it. The past must be faced, and passions run even stronger in the darkest of times. In the midst of unrest, their worlds are rocked again when they discover the truth about the war that's ruined their lives. They thought finding out the enemy's identity would give them the edge; instead it's revealed terrifying dangers they never thought possible. 






Book Breakdown 

So if you've not read the first in this series (Unknown), then you should get on that now! This series is great! The covers aren't the best but Wendy Higgins self publishes this series so it makes sense. Ignore the covers though, the story inside is in my opinion some of Wendy's best work. 

The story is so engaging and scary because it could actually happen. I also love the relationship all the characters have. They also feel real. Also Rylen and Amber are seriously wonderful. I love them both so freaking much! Also Amber is biracial.  Her mother is Latina and her father is white. So diversity if you're into that.  

Now onto the spoilers because this is the second in the novel and I can't really say more without spoiling the first one. So you have been warned. I swear I didn't think this book would be the glorious first one but it did. I loved the character development. I loved seeing the USA was planning to fight back with the aliens. I just loved that they were planning to fight, even if the aliens seemed to be much better than them. Also they is a lot more of them after all the bombings they did to the world.

I love how we get more Remy and Tater drama, I'm assuming the next book will be spilt into more than one POV judging by the end of the books. I don't know how I feel about that completely. On the one hand, I want to see Tater and Remy take down the aliens from the inside. Hell yeah! 

But when I start a series with one POV, I generally like it to stay that way if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm the only one that like. Either way, I don't really care, I just want to read the next one now!

I'm so happy that Rylen and Amber finally got together. I was starting to wonder if it would never happen. The sexual tension between these two was off the charts. It was so well done. 

I just can't wait to see where this goes. They had to leave their base so I know things are going to pick up. I'm just so nervous and excited to read the next one. I just hope no one dies. I think my heart would explode. All four of my babies better stay safe! 




  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.