Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Reeling Me In

This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish


These are ten things that will make me instantly want to buy a book. These aren't in any order really as any of these will make me want to read a book. 


10) Vampires
I know, I know. This probably has a lot of you rolling your eyes and thinking the vampire thing is so over. It will never be over for me. I LOVE vampires. It's still my dream to be one... don't know how that will work because they aren't real but hey, I'm holding on for hope!


9) Sarah J Mass
If she writes it, I'm buying it. No ifs and/or buts. I will buy it and there is a 98% chance that I will love it. 





8) Asia
I love Asia! Japan, Korea, Singapore, China... any books set in Asia will pull me in. I love anything I can get my hands on from these wonderful places. 


7) Gothic/Dark Book Cover
Yep. I love dark and gothic book covers. I have stopped dead in a book store once just because out of the corner of my eyes I saw this book with a girl in a long black dress. It was dark and gothic and I bought it. 




6) Controversial Books
Yes, I'm that person. If someone says something about a book and then people are trying to censor it. I will go out and read that book. It only pulls me in more. I guess it's my inner rebel. I've also always been a free thinker and won't let anyone sway my idea and opinions.  I don't honestly know why but it just makes me want to read it more. 





5) Romance
I love romance. I don't generally like it when it's the whole plot but in order for me to want to even read the book, it has to have romance or I won't even pick it up.


4) Books from other Countries 
I love when books get translated from other countries and come out in English. It's so cool to be able to read these kinds of books and I love finding them.




3) Magic
This is also something I love. Magic/powers/gifts these things all add another level to a book in my eyes and I love that fact. It just ups the stakes and it's also harder for me to predict the plot is magic is involved because anything could happen.




2) High Fantasy 
I love these kinds of books as they really take me out of this reality and this world. Which is the whole reason I read so this really makes me happy.



1)  Art Style (Manga Only)
So I love manga as well and thought I would share the one thing that pulls me in when it comes to manga. Art style. If the art doesn't gel with me, I won't even pick it up, no matter the plot. I will just pass on it.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with absolutely EVERYTHING you just said!! Damon Salvatore <3!!! I also read controversial books just to see what everyone's talking about-I did that with Carve the Mark! Cool post :)!!!
    Kariny @kariny's boox frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Vampires!!! They made my list too!! Love fantasy as well and magic!! So many great picks here!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm also that person who reads all of the controversial books! I guess I just want to see what all the fuss is about and why people do or don't agree with the messages in the book. Also, high fantasy all the way!! Lovely list, Carrie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love vampire books myself - and I always love to see an interesting new twist on them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...