Friday, March 24, 2017

50/50 Friday - Book Hype

This fun new meme is hosted by the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books and myself. Join us each week for a new topic! 


What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.



Topic for the Week
Novel Worth/Not Worth the Hype


So book hype can really help a book as well as hurt the book. I've experienced both myself as I'm sure you guys have. So let's jump into some hyped books!


Worth the Hype
The novel I think is worth the most hype is a book I love so much and it's...
This book is just so amazing and I've never read anything like it! No, I've never read The Night Circus and I have heard they are a lot a like. 




Overhyped
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Yep. This book. I do want to say that if you like this book, that's great and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just thought this was rubbish and it does not do the HP world the justice it deserves. 


Topic for Next Week
Best/Worst Book Read in March









9 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I have not read any of the novels in the Harry Potter series!! I don't know why, just haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read three or four of them and to be honest I like the movies better. So don't feel so bad over it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Cursed Child yet, but I actually do still want to. I'm going into it knowing it's going to be a very different experience from reading the books, though.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF you go in with that mindset I think you might actually enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I've just finished Caraval - and it was pretty darn good, wasn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, and I've only seen a handful of the movies, so I couldn't really say what I think about the new book. But I will say that I've seen mixed reviews. As for Caraval, I really want to read it! I'm glad it was a good read :)

    Wren @ http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another person who hasn't read all the HP books! I've only read three but I have seen all the movies and I enjoy the movies... the books... my partner has even tried bribing me to read the rest and I haven't yet...

      Caraval is great! I hope you get to read it soon :D

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many amazing things about Caraval and I've been dying to read it and I just got my copy from the library yesterday!! Can you tell I'm excited? :D I can't wait to read it!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!