Saturday, February 18, 2017

Paper Princess - Review

From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.







Book Breakdown 

*SPOILER FREE*

This is a fun but very messed up story. It's all about a girl who lost her mother to cancer and is now trying to make it on her own. She's even took up her mother's old job of stripping for money. Then in comes Mr Royal and claims he's her legal guardian and she now gets to live with him and he will take care of her. Sounds creepy but he's actually a nice guy.

There is lots of drama and romance. It's a wild ride that is very entertaining. I was never once bored and I loved how real this book was. They held nothing back. It wasn't washed clean and it didn't having me rolling my eyes at how the teenagers didn't act like teenagers. This was real and gritty and I love it so much!

The writing style is so easy to follow and flows nicely. I actually feel like I'm reading about a 17 year old girl and that's another thing I enjoyed. It doesn't happen as often as it should but I'll take it where I can. So all in all, this is one spicy YA series that I love so much.

I will say that it might not be best for the young ones out there unless you're okay with these things. I can't wait to get to the next one! I hope it's just as good as this one was.


4 comments:

  1. I've been a little wary about picking up this book cause of all the mixed reviews! Great review :) Might pick up the book someday!

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing htis book ALL over the place, but I never read the synopsis until now! From your review, this sounds like a quick and easy book. I just might pick it up! Great review Carrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my A to Z challenge for the first half of the year and I was slightly apprehensive about reading it but I'm glad you liked it! It's good to hear that it's book that actually portrays teenagers in reality :) Also, I love your new blog design, Carrie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I've been dying to read this book for ages!
    I've heard such great things about it, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love a good gritty book, can't wait to read it.

    Great Review Carrie <3

    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...