Friday, February 24, 2017

50/50 Friday - World Building

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read. 



Topic for the Week
Most/Least Intricately Built World



There is so many good choices for both of these and it took me a while before deciding on only one for each. I will also probably get some flack for this but these are my opinions and if you disagree that is fine. Just no hate please.


Most - Throne of Glass
I love the world that Sarah J Mass as created and I fill it is so flushed out and it feels like a real place. I can't wait to see how how much more she will flush it out when The Chaol novel comes out. Even though he's my least favorite character, I love this world so much that I'm sure Sarah will not disappoint me! 




Least - Twilight







I enjoy this series not as much as I used to but I still like them. I just think everything could have been flushed out better. Yes, it's not bad but really it was just giant info drops for a few chapters and then that's it. I wanted more about this world that touches ours. She could have expanded so much. 








Topic for Next Week
Best/Worst Book Read in February 






2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I finally got Throne of Glass after all this time! I also agree that Twilight could have had a lot more interesting of a world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ToG! SJM really does make it feel like a real place and she's had enough space (having 5 books in the series and all) to really go into detail and describe each area and what makes each place special while avoiding info-dumps. I also agree with you on Twilight. It's such a character driven book and while it's set in our world so there's less physical world building to worry about, there was still a lot of fleshing out to do with the Volturi (I cannot, for the life of me, remember how to spell it) and all.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...