Thursday, January 05, 2017

Shadowhunters Season 2 Episode 1


So the season premiere starts off with with Clary portaling in to where Jace is at. All alone. Why? That's so weird and had me wondering what the heck was going on. Then it all becomes clear after Jace kills Valentine, twice. It's a test from Valentine to Jace, Valentine was trying to test Jace's loyalty and Jace failed badly. Least it made more sense than Clary just showing up alone. Though it was a pretty stupid thing for Jace to fall for.

I do still love the theme song and the opening credit this season is way better than the last. Totally stepped it up there. The new techno institute is kind of growing on me. Well it was till they had the weird hologram of Jace pop up. It's just so hard to adjust to. 

Alec is so lovely to look at. He's just my type, tall and dark featured. Still doesn't give him the right to be getting mad at everyone! Ugh, Magnus needs to punch him a good one. 

This Aldertree guy is an ass and someone needs to kill him. Maybe shoot an arrow into his butt or something. I wouldn't mind that. The show does she darker this time, with the wicked beating of Jace and such. I do like that, it still doesn't help some of the bad acting, mainly on Clary's part. Everyone else is growing on my nicely. 

Everyone is so mean to Simon and it's so sad. He's such a nice, adorable nerd and they should be nicer to him. He wasn't bothering the werewolves and they should have left him alone. Luke should have got mad at the pack or something but nope, he did nothing. I do love Simon and his jokes, for a guy who has never acted before this. He's great!

I love Valentine and the actor is freaking great at bringing him to life. He's the best to watch, I feel like the real Valentine is here in front of my eyes and I love it. 

The training scene with Izzy and Clary was fun to watch, those two work well together and should have more screen time. It was probably one of my favorite parts of the episode. Though my favorite part has to be the slow-mo fight scene with Jace and the vampires. I don't know why but I really got into that scene.

It sure leaves off with one heck of a cliff hanger. Jocelyn tries to shoot Jace and Valentine jumps into the way. That's not going to help Jace kill Valentine, just saying. Very stupid move on her part. For a badass showhunter, Jocelyn isn't bright in the TV show. 

I can't wait to see what happens next. This show isn't very good by any means, except for a few good actors, but it's my guiltiest pleasure. I watch every episode and wonder why after. Maybe it's because I love this series so much and just love seeing it brought to life, even if that's not always good.


Episode Rating







3 comments:

  1. I watched a few episodes of this show last season. I thought most of it was terrible, but I’m interested to see if it gets better as it goes on. Some shows take a while to get going.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't had a chance to watch this episode yet so I just skimmed your review (a girl has to be surprised every now and again!) but I'm glad it warranted a C from you. The first season was a bit rocky in places so I wasn't expecting a full recovery. I'm just hoping that they'll step it up this season and make things a little more real.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely gotten better (way better than the movie) - and I'm going to say that the guy playing Simon is consistently the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!