Monday, January 02, 2017

Popular Books/Series I Won't Ever Read


So I thought it was time, that I did a post that may get me into trouble. I do want to start by saying that just because this book/series doesn't sound good to me doesn't mean it's a bad book, it's just not my personal taste and I have no interest to read it. 

My sister, partner and others have tried to get me to read some of these but I just don't want too. One I tried to read and disliked it so much it put me into a reading slump for months. So yeah...



I know this is a wildly popular series and people love it to pieces, but I tried to read it once and it's not just for me. I just could not get into it.



I never even tried to read this book because it just doesn't sound like something I would like. All of John Green's books are this way. None of them are my taste. Which is sad because he's a pretty likable person. 


Didn't really like the first one and so I have no desire to read the rest of the series. 




I'm not really into Sci-Fi, the only series I like that is in this genre is Illuminae. So yeah... 





Just no... no way at all. I'm so upset that she isn't finishing her Host series or giving us Midnight Sun, just no.




Loved the movie and tried to read the book when I was younger but there was something about it that I just could not get into it. I don't know why.



So that's all for this list. I hope you guys aren't too mad at me and took no offense. Happy reading my butterflies! 



7 comments:

  1. There are some series that I’ll probably never read, either. One of them is Lord of the Rings. I tried to read it multiple times, but I just can’t get through it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of series that I wouldn't read either, so I don't blame you! PJ&O is one of my favorite series, but I can see why certain people wouldn't like it. It's never good to force yourself to read books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll be able to read The Chemist either... I really liked The Host and then Stephanie Meyer didn't follow through with a sequel! I just don't want to get invested in another series and she doesn't wrap it up.

    You liked the Eragon movie? I actually read the books first and really liked them (although I read them when I was first starting to get into reading and YA books) and then I watched the movie and it was a total bust for me. But, to each their own!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think if you liked Illuminae that you might like These Broken Stars since they share the same author, but I totally get why you might avoid sci-fi! I will never read The Chemist either! I don't trust Stephenie Meyer... Great post!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are several popular series/books that I will never read as well...anything by Stephanie Meyer, Game of Thrones, and the Outlander series are just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't read The Glass Sword either. The first one was meh to me and I have zero interest to read any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know The Host series wasn't being finished!!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!