Saturday, October 08, 2016

Oleah Chronicles: Justice - Review (Diverse Reads)


After discovering the truth about her Oleah origins, Angel thought she could still have a normal life, consisting of normal things – like her seventeenth birthday party. But there is no such thing as normal for Angel anymore. She learned that the hard way after Sindrell – the most powerful sorceress in the universe - crashed her party, destroyed the city, and took her best friend, Julie, captive. Determined to defeat Sindrell for good, Angel must risk her life, along with the fate of the entire universe to get Julie back…alive. The only way she can do this successfully, is to embrace her Oleah instincts and learn what it takes to become a true warrior. Problem is, Sindrell has an insurance policy of her own that will put millions of lives in danger - including Zander’s - to ensure her quest for power is brought to fruition. One way or another. In order to protect Zander, and save Julie, Angel has to make a choice... but will it be the right one?




*These days most everyone is looking for diverse books. So from now on, in order to help spread the word about diverse reads, I'm going to add it into the title of every book review, like I did with this one. There are amazing diverse reads out there and it sucks that we have to search for them. My hope is that maybe, just maybe, I can help bring new diverse reads into your life. *



Book Breakdown 

I've been waiting to get my hands on this one! I LOVED the first one, one of the best books I've read. I also want to point out for those that now only read diverse reads, this is one and this is a freaking great one! I would love to see the world read this and get it the hype it deserves. 

Okay, I need to quit fangirling and actually get to the review but it's hard! I just want to gush. I first want to thank the author for sending me a copy to review. 

Angel is still as strong as she was in the first novel, still not scared to do what's right or even give up her life for her friend. She is training with her parents and her Zander. She's not scared, not really. She is just accepting and I love that. Angel is such a strong role model for girls. Zander was a good character in the first installment, now he's so much better! Now that we know we can actually trust him. Their romance is sweet, I just wish we'd seen more of them together.

The plot is moving, Angel has to save her best friend. But the reason I do knock this half a star, is because it does feel in some parts to be the bridge book. Thankfully it's not much but it's there. It does a great job though at making me want the third book. It's going to be epic! I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next one...

2 comments:

  1. I read this book too! It's so great. I really enjoyed the characters, and all the plot twists. I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It's going to be so amazing!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...