Friday, September 09, 2016

Feature & Follow Friday


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me, everyone wins.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



Question
Have you ever disliked or felt "meh" about a book only to later change your mind and love it?



Well no honestly. If I don't like the book I don't like it. But I've done the opposite, I've reread books that I loved and found they weren't that great. 


This series I read the summer before 9th grade. I loved it so much! It really opened my eyes that books could in fact have a character close to my age and it got me to fall in love with YA, not that there was as much of YA back then like there is now. I reread it not long ago and while I still love it, it's just not as good as I remember. 



This series I read with these covers, I found this series back when there was only the first three were out and I followed this series till the end. I love this series but when I went back to reread it two years ago... it wasn't as good to me. I still enjoy this series and it holds a place in my heart but nothing like it used to do.



I, like everyone else, loved this series. It was my life and I honestly got so addicted to it that when I finished I thought I had no other reason to live. Yes, I can be quite the silly drama queen at times but this series was my drug. When I reread it to prepare for Life and Death... I wondered what the hell had I been thinking?! This isn't a bad series but it didn't deserved the place I'd given it in my head. 



Lastly, this one. Again, I still enjoy this series and grab it whenever I want a quick read but I loved it so much when I was younger that I stalked the website every day hoping for something more. I drew Zoey's mark on my head and actually went out in public that way! No joke, sadly there are no pictures of this or I'd show you all. 


So like I said, I still enjoy these series but I found they weren't as good as I remembered. So my question for you butterflies, do you have any books or series like this? Let me know below and as always have a great day! 


12 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on Twilight. I got sucked into the hype when it was first released. A few years later I reread it and was like "huh, what was I thinking?" Nice response to this week's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yeah twilight... I wonder what everyone was thinking lol

      Delete
  2. sometimes i feel that way too. But i think it's because we haven't read much before. Now that I have read hundreds of books, sometimes i find it too funny when I re-read books that I previously adored. Felt that with Twilight, actually sold them already lol BUT never for VA. I read it two-3x a year and the first love feeling is still there. Btw, VA is my 2nd best book series of all time (first is LOTR)! old follower, happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOTRs is freaking amazing! I can see why is your favorite! I've sold twilight and then bought it again way to many times... I'm strange.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! I completely feel the same! I guess when we are going through that age where everything just seemed to "WOW" us, plus just like you said, there really wasn't many YA books back then for us to choose from. I remembered seeing Twilight, HON, VA and VD on the shelves a lot. I remembered having Stark as my wallpaper and profile picture too *laughs*. It is sad when we fall out of love with a book/series, but I guess we just outgrew them. Well, I should correct myself, I would never outgrow Harry Potter!

    Happy Friday! :) I followed you via GFC and BL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follows!
      Yeah I don't think anyone will outgrow HP, that series is just too wonderful and magical. See what I did there? The pun lol sorry I'm weird.
      You had Stark? Lol I remember having Erik at first.

      Delete
  4. I had the same reaction with Twilight. I used to like them but when I grew up and re-read them, they weren't so good anymore. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't know why we all loved them years ago...

      Delete
  5. I rarely have time for re-reads these days, but I do hold special love for Vampire Diaries! It was one of the only Paranormal YA series out there when I was a teen, and they were still a good 10 years old even then! I remember I gave Twilight a try and while everyone around me was obsessed I was like, eh. But I read the series anyway to see where it went. But the time the movies were rolling out I was done with the Twilight hype. I think I almost had a meltdown when someone said Vampire Diaries was trying to be like Twilight. I was like, did you happen to check the copyright date of Vampire Diaries, because really?! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! I've had so many people or friends say VD is just a rip off of twilight and I get so upset! I have to actually show them the date in the book for them to believe me lol

      Delete
  6. I thought I was the only one that thought a book I loved wasn't that great the second time around. Whew!
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...