Friday, April 08, 2016

2 Mini Reviews (Second Nature & Revelation)


Fae had spent the entirety of her life training to protect her Queen.

Jace had spent the majority of his life trying to kill all the Queens.

In a world separated by realms and each realm ruled by a Queen, only the Queens are supposed to be masters of the elements: earth, wind, water, fire, light, dark.

One hundred years ago though a different group of elementals rose up and challenged the Queens. While the conflict had been long and not without cost, the secondary elemental group eventually was defeated and banished. However, that doesn’t change the fact Fae, a fire elemental given a second chance, has trained her entire life to hunt and kill other elementals in the name of her Queen.

When it's discovered the group that was banished is returning, Fae finds herself having no choice but to team up with the exiled earth elemental in hopes of stopping the rest.

With their world threatened, Fae fights for a chance to live free of the life she was born to, and Jace, the earth elemental, fights for a chance to redeem himself for those hundred years ago.




Mini Book Breakdown

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

So right away I was sucked in, the writing is flawless in this novel, the story so compelling, and the characters are well flushed out. I enjoyed this so much. It was so hard to put it down when I hard to work. It was all I could think about until I got it in my hands again.

So Jace, I love him so much! To me he is not the normal hero, he is more of a anti hero and I love that! He's got so many layers and great depth that he seems so real, like he could be out there walking around somewhere. Fae is also great, I enjoyed reading about her so much, her journey was fun to go on.


What I love about this book is how it actually flows through the plot, there are no boring parts or simply any parts that felt out of place, everything furthered the story or the characters in the most perfect way. So, I fully recommend this book and am so thankful to the author for giving me the chance to find it. I'd never even heard if this book before and that would've meant I'd miss out on one epic story.








Lex Knightley is keeping count. It's been seventy-five days since Quin left for Los Angeles. Seventy-five days without one word from him. Sixty-one since she made a deal with a devil. A deal she already regrets. And exactly thirty-nine days since Onyx-the deadliest emotion-altering medication yet-hit the streets, leaving an escalating body count in its wake.

With Zenigenic promising a new drug-an anti-Onyx to make the world a little kinder and a lot more compliant-it seems Xander Steele will stop at nothing to satisfy his desire for power and control. Quin's dramatic return brings more questions than answers. Lex suddenly finds herself right in the middle of it all . . . on a run for her life.

It's a race against the clock to uncover Steele's diabolical plan as the fate of San Francisco hangs in the balance. Can Lex finally fulfill her mother's ambition to expose Zenigenic-or is it already too late?

Caution: Emotion-altering medications are in the air. Find a mask. Hold your breath. Get ready for Revelation, the page-turning conclusion to the Legacy trilogy.




Mini Book Breakdown 


This was bittersweet to me. I was eagerly awaiting what would happen in this series after Prophecy, the struggle to wait was so hard! I wanted this book in my hands ASAP! The book did not disappoint! It was the best in the whole series, Ellery keeps getting better with every book, the writing is flawless here! All the secrets we have been dying for is revealed. There are no loose ends, everything wraps up perfectly!

So with all of this high praise why was it bittersweet? I hate to see this awesome series end. I want more so much more. I love Quin so much and I want more of him! He's my of my book boyfriends in case you've not noticed... yeah. I'm not sorry at all.

I have followed this from the very start when the author asked me to review Legacy, I've hooked ever since. You will be too, give this trilogy a try, you won't regret it. The plot is so well thought out, the pacing is top notch, writing superb, and the characters make it perfect. I don't want to give any spoilers as this is the last book but let me tell you, it's freaking awesome!


*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*


2 comments:

  1. Great reviews! Second nature sounds really good. I'm glad you enjoyed both of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second Nature is great! I totally recommend it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!