Saturday, November 07, 2015

Destiny Calls

*Have you ever felt like you’ve been preparing for something…Bigger?* 

*Do all your friends think your dreams are just plain…Crazy?* 

------------------------------------------------------------ 

Sure, Kay’s parents didn’t think twice about sending her to therapy. 

After all, Kay fully believes that she just narrowly escaped an explosion, watched a handsome stranger walk through fire for her—oh, and that she battled an extremely skilled foe to the death—all before her 10 AM class! 


They’re just dreams of course, but when this talented young college student wins a coveted trip to South Africa, she must soon decide whether she’s willing to never see her friends and family again to help somehow familiar strangers BRING ABOUT PEACE. 

Now, if Kay can survive the hand-to-hand combat and the one with the ivory dagger who wishes her death, Kay may just become the kind of PEACE seeking hero her classmates would never believe. Kay might even fall in love. 

Of course, our brave girl may instead discover the answer to something she never wanted to know the answer TO: 

What happens… when you die. 

#HoldOnToLife 

#Fall In Love 

#And FACE YOUR FEARS 

Book 1 in the Series 

…Your journey begins here. (Take the journey!)






Book Breakdown


Okay where do I start? My thoughts are totally everywhere. I planned to do an actual review but every time I try it just turns into a huge giant fangirl mess. So, as I'm sure you can see I LOVE this book! It's so just... I don't even have words! I will say it does start slow but once it picks up, it's so freaking amazing! So if you get this book just hang in there through the first part, it's well worth your time!

I don't want to talk too much about the book because I will spoil it and that would be awful. But the characters are my favorite part about this book, though don't get me wrong, the plot is fantastic and pretty dang original but the characters take the gold. I love Kay, she is a wonderful character. She is someone I would love to have as a friend. We'd get along perfectly. 

The downside, the flashbacks, yes the author does use a method to show the reader where they start and stop but I still sometimes found myself a little confused with them. When I did get the hang of it, it was pretty easy to follow. But that's the reason I did knock off a star, it will probably turn some readers off but I swear this book is just so good push through it. It really does get easier the more you get used to it. 

One last major warning, this book leaves off on a cliff hanger and if you're anything like me than it will drive you crazy wishing you had the next book in your hands!

*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*







Favorite Quote

1) “Destiny is that which is inevitable. It is something that must and will occur, regardless of an individual’s will or desire for it to happen.” 







2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...