Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Anna and the French Kiss - Review




Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome √Čtienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?


















Book Breakdown

Anna's father decides he's going to send Anna to a international boarding school in Paris. It's her senior year and she wants nothing more than to stay at her high school with her best friend and her crush that works at the local movie theater. Which means stays in Atlanta and not moving to Paris.

Her father (a famous author), won't take no for an answer and her parents fly out with her to the School of America in Paris. Then they leave her. They just leave, it's rather sad actually. Her neighbor -Meredith- from the next room in the dorm welcomes her warmly and they click nicely though Anna still feels lonely without her friends. Though on the way back to her room she meets St. Clair. Little does she know but everything will change for her because of him.

She grows closer to her new group of friends but naturally, to St. Clair more than anyone. It doesn't take her very long to develop a crush on him, even though she still claims to like Toph, the guy from her hometown. We, the readers, can see where this is going though.

When she finally gets to go home for Christmas break (she had to stay in Paris for thanksgiving and that's when she got super close to him), Anna finds out that her best friend is dating her crush. She's brokenhearted and leans more on St. Clair. She figures out she loves him when she comes back from the break and sees him. But, lots of other drama keeps them from getting together, like St Clair has a girlfriend he won't dump and Meredith is in love with him as well. 

It's such a fun and cute book. It has it's moments where you just want to scream and tell them to together already! I read this book in very little time, finding I simply couldn't put it down. This is huge for me as I really, really don't like many young adult contemporary novels. I loved this book so much I already ordered the second one and can't wait till it gets here. 

I love how these characters, the way they talk, isn't all clean and fake like some authors do. They are real teenagers, there is cussing and they talk about sex. It's refreshing to see as real teenagers act this way. There are no sex scenes so if that's not your thing don't worry. 

If you like cute romance with lots of drama this is for you. I would even recommend it to the people like me who don't like young adult contemporary. It's just that good and it's so nice to see glimpses of Paris as I've always wanted to visit. 

Have you read this book? If so, let me know below what you thought about it. 







Favorite Quotes

1)  “For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

2) “A moment of reserve. "That was it? The whole story?"
"Yes. God, you're right. That was pants."
I sidestep another aggressive couscous vendor. "Pants?"
"Rubbish. Crap. Shite."
Pants. Oh heavens, that's cute.”  

3) “Most people in Atlanta don't have an accent. It's pretty urban. A lot of people speak gangsta, though," I add jokingly. 
"Fo' shiz," he replies in his polite English accent. 
I spurt orangey-red soup across the table. St. Clair gives a surprised ha-HA kind of laugh, and I'm laughing too, the painful kind like abdominal crunches. He hands me a napkin to wipe my chin. "Fo'. Shiz." He repeats it solemnly.
Cough cough. "Please don't ever stop saying that. It's too-" I gasp. "Much."
"You oughtn't to have said that. Now I shall have to save it for special occasions."
"My birthday is in February." Cough choke wheeze. "Please don't forget.”  

4) “I moan with pleasure.
"Did you just have a foodgasm?" he asks, wiping ricotta from his lips.
"Where have you been all my life?" I ask the beautiful panini.”  




14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I need to read it eventually myself. :) Great review and I love the quotes at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I loved it! I can't wait to continue the series!

      Delete
  2. Yaaay! Glad it was a favorite material for you! :D I couldn't agree more with this. Nice review, Carrie! :)

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concept of this book appeals to me. I'd love to be brave enough to go to city like Paris where I know no one and live. It must be so interesting to people watch in a city like this. I just don't know that I could make it without knowing anyone.

    Thanks for this review. I'll have to check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr? I'd love to go to Paris and just live but I'd probably have a panic attack knowing I couldn't speak the language.

      Delete
  4. I love this book, it's so achingly adorable!! Glad you enjoyed it :) The other two books are just as cute, even though I think Anna is the best one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the second and can't wait to dive in. I also can't wait to see how they all time together.

      Delete
  5. I've heard such great things about this book and the author! This is on my TBR list, and it's now officially been bumped up after reading your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You need to read it! I just know you'll love it!

      Delete
  6. I usually really avoid this type of books, I just do not like romance much but I saw this one on sale and then decided to get it. In the end I read it in like one sitting, absolutely loved how cute it is! Going to reread many many times in the future! Nice review :)

    HannahCassie @ http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes I have to agree with you. I also usually avoid this kind of book but I just loved it.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed this book when I read it. The only thing I didn't love is how long it takes for "stuff" to be worked out, and I wanted more from the ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have to agree with you there. Sometimes it would've be simple to fix if they simply talked it out.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...