Thursday, October 15, 2015

Harry Potter Spells Book Tag

Okay so I was tagged for this by the lovely Caroline from Just Another Bookish Blog forever ago. Thanks for tagging me! Also you guys should check out her blog. It's pretty awesome. Sorry it took me so long to get to, with the lack of computer and new job it makes time for blogging or reading very hard to come by but I will keep going! So now without further delay, the questions!


1) Expelliarmus - Disarming Spell
    (A book that took you by surprise)

So this would have to be A Court of Thrones and Roses. I didn't know much about the book when I got it. Only that everyone was reading it and loving it and I wanted to read it too. For me it started off slow and I debated if I should give up or not but then out of nowhere it got amazing! I couldn't put it down! Now it's only of my favorite books of all time.


2) Expecto Patronum - Protection Spell 
    (A book that brings back happy childhood memories)

Daughters of the Moon. I've posted about this series before and how happy it made me. The memories I have of reading to my younger sister by candlelight. Happy times.


3) Prior Incantarto - Previous Spell 
   (The last book you read)

Emerge: The Edge. It's a great book and I love the series to death! Seriously, go look it up on goodreads. It's so fresh and has such a strong lead character. 


4) Alohomora - Unlocking Spell
   (A book that introduced you to a genre you would have not considered before)

I would have to say Beautiful Disaster. That New Adult Contemporary novel. It opened my eyes to the only kind of Contemporary novels I can read. New Adult. 


5)  Ridiculous - Funny Spell
    (A funny book you read)

I don't read too many funny books but the dialogue in pretty much any Jennifer L Armentrout book makes me laugh. Her characters are just so snarky.


6) Sonorous - Sound Spell
   (A book you think everyone should know about)

Emerge: The Awakening! Seriously, it's an amazing YA novel. 



7) Obliviate - Memory Spell
   (A book you wish you never read)

Kalona's Fall. Why was the book even published? How could anyone think it was a good idea? I have so many questions about this book but the first one is, what were those people on when they looked at this and thought it was good? 


8) Imperio - Control Curse 
    (A book you had to read for school)

The Giver. It was so amazing I read it twice. I still have that book to this day and it's one of my favorites.


9) Crucio - Torture Curse
    (A book that was painful to read)

Well, I will be honest here. I tried to read Fifty Shades of Grey years ago. I never made it through the fifth or sixth chapter. It was awful and I wasted my time. I'm so glad every book is not like that or I'd not be a reader. Also, in case anyone were to ask, I've not seen the movie and don't plan to. It's just not my thing.


10) Avada Kedavra - Death Curse
      (A book that could kill)

Allegiant. Yeah.....





As for who I'm tagging... I will tag everyone who hasn't done this awesome tag and wants to. If you decide to do this tag please leave your link below so I can check it out!


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your themed design - it looks awesome! I haven't had a chance to switch mine up but I hope to next year for sure :) I also want to do this tag - my answer for 5 would have to be the same as I'm yet to read a book that's made me laugh as much as Obsidian in particular <3

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/review-warriors-reverians-3-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad it looks good. I was so nervous about it. I'm not very good with those kind of things.

      Obsidian is awfully funny <3 I can't wait for the movie!

      Delete
  2. Yay you did it! Also, your new header image is so pretty!! (I want her hair *-*)
    I TOTALLY agree with you for the Giver! It’s also one of my all-time favorites. I had to read it way back in 6th grade, but I already read it before and kept reading it afterwards. Every time I read it I get something new from it!

    And Allegiant... yeah... That one hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took my forever to finish lol her hair is gorgeous!
      Yeah, Allegiant.... I can't even.
      The Giver is just so amazing! I even read the other companion novels.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...