Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday's Discussion (4) The Lux Covers

I've seen so many people hate on the original covers. Why? I love them so much! I've heard people say they look too much like romance covers and while that may be true. I don't care! Seriously! These are so much better than the new cover changes.

So I must now ask this question, do you like the original covers? Or do you my lovely sunflowers prefer the new ones? Let me know below, I'm dying to see who agrees with me. So for a week I'm going to leave a poll on the side of my blog and you can vote via Twitter using #TeamOriginal or #TeamNew or leave a comment on my Facebook page telling me which covers you prefer. I will add all the votes together and let you guys know which 'team' won next Thursday! So get to voting! 


Above: New Covers
Below: Original




11 comments:

  1. I haven't read these books, which are the original covers? I think both are bad, to be honest hahaha. The top row looks messy with all the text everywhere, and the bottom ones are cliché and look like cheesy erotica. I'd much rather be caught reading the first ones in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top row of books is the new covers and the bottom ones are the original. Most people prefer the new ones. I may be the only one who likes the original. They do look like cheesy romance covers though. I will give you that!

      Delete
  2. I personally prefer the original covers. The new covers just don't seem to fit with me... But sadly, there's nothing we can do about it D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I've just glad that they are still selling the original covers so I can have both sets on my book shelf :D

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I really don't like either of the covers. I think the original look like cringe-worthy romance/erotica, and the new ones look messy together. I've read Obsidian and I didn't enjoy it at all, so I think that might have swayed my opinion! Great discussion post, Carrie :)

    ~Denise @ The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually didn't look this series?! Was it too much like Twilight for you or something? I do agree though the ones I love do look like some weird erotica stuff. Which always makes me laugh, I hate erotica but I love these covers... I'm weird :D

      Delete
  4. I actually prefer the new covers over the old ones however I really don't like either of them. They don't really represent the story to me you know? I like covers that tell you a little about the story or represent it in some way.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. They don't represent the story well at all.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!