Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Review - The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2)


Description 

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.







My Thoughts/Review


This books takes place after Meghan is in the Unseelie Court. It does go through her mind and shows Ash taking her there and what happened when she first arrived. Her time spent in The Winter Court is awful, Ash pretending he doesn't love her and then all hell breaks loose the night the Scepter of Seasons is stolen by the Iron Fey. A Winter Prince turns traitor and Ash has to help Meghan escape. Puck comes back! I am totally team Ash but Puck is so funny and awesome all in his own right. Meghan is left to find the scepter as a war breaks out between summer and winter. As Meb thinks summer stole it. Meghan and Puck along with Ironhorse who has vowed to help her create a plan to get it back. Ash goes his own way, telling Meghan that they simply can't be together. Their courts won't allow it.

Things kept getting in the way of their plan, Ash is turned into a puppet by the false Iron King and Meghan has to save him with an iron power. Do they ever get the Scepter of Seasons back? Does Ash and Megan get to be together? Does our heroes get to stop the war? You're going to have to read this book to find out.

I love The Iron King, it was awesome, but to me, this book was so much better. More action, more romance and the steaks are higher because not just Ethan is in trouble, but all of the Nevernever. Ash is just perfectly Ash and I love him in this book. The writing is flawless as what I've come to expect from this author and it's so easy to follow.

I know a lot of people don't like reading about fey or fairies very much but this series is just too good not to read. Give it a chance and I know you'll love it... or at least love Ash or Puck, or both. Both is good.





Favorite Quotes


1) “You're kind of blind, you know?" Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. "I wouldn't defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you..." He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. "I'd come back from the dead for you.”


2) “She pulled up Ash's shirt, revealing a layer of gauze that was just beginning to seep blood onto the mattress. "At least the bandaging was done properly," she mused. "Very nice, clean work. Your handiwork, I presume, Goodfellow?"
"Which one?"
"The bandage, Robin."
"Yeah, that was mine, too.”


3) “Why am I so drawn to you?" He muttered, almost to himself. "Why is it so hard to let go? I thought... at first... it was Ariella, that you remind me of so much. But it's not." Though he didn't smile, his eyes lightened a shade. "You're far more stubborn than she ever was."
I sniffed. "That's like the pot calling the kettle black," I whispered, and a faint, tiny grin finally crossed his face, before his expression clouded and he lowered his head, touching his forehead to mine. "What do you want of me, Meghan?" he asked, a low thread of anguish flickering below the surface.

Tears blurred my vision, all the fear and heartache of the past few days rising to the surface. "Just you," I whispered. "I just want you."

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I've just gotten chills reading that last quote.. Ash & Meghan <3 I'm so happy you loved the book, it's one of the best Fey books I've ever read and your review just wants to make me read them all over again! I'm definitely going too :)
    Great Review!!
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash is so swoon worthy! I love him and Meghan together so much!

      Delete
  2. Hey I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award! You can see it here http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/08/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this series! Just thinking about Ash and Meghan has me grinning like an idiot. I mean, there isn't anything you can fault this book on! It's amazing on all fronts! Great review :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is amazing! I love it soooo much! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow looks like we are basically reading these at the same time! O: aren't they great? : D
    Here's my review of the first one :) http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-iron-king-by-julie-kagawa.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!!!! I'm going to check out your review right now!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this series!! Definitely one of my favorites :3 I'm glad you liked this book!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying this series so freaking much!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...