Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday's Discussion

This is something I've decided to do for fun. Thursday's I'm going to discuss a new topic. Every week, I'm going to let you, my wonderful sunflowers chose the topic. Anything you want to talk about just post in below in the comments. If you just want to ask questions or talk about a book, whatever, anything goes!

I'm going to start off this with the YA book/series that got me into reading YA. I read them in the summer of 2007 and I was in love with them. I read them back when there was only 4 books out. I remember getting this edition and then sometime later that year I got the other one, with the blonde girl on the cover.  I fell in love with Damon. I will say that these aren't the best around and reading them now I see that they aren't as great as I thought but to a young girl who had only ever read middle grade or school rated books this was like finding the Holy Grail or something. So buttercups (I call you guys lots of flowery names...), what was the first YA book you ever read? I'm going to guess that Twilight is what got most of you into reading but still, I'd love to see your answers and the stories as to why you picked up that first book to begin with.




10 comments:

  1. Hmm.. the first book that I had ever gotten into that wasn't influenced by anybody was probably Matched by Ally Condie or Fallen by Lauren Kate. Yeah those weren't the best books ever but as a young kid they were like the holy grail to me too xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like the Fallen series.... I know most people hate them but.. I'm weird so... ;) Matched... yeah that isn't a good book at all to me. But hey at least it got reading!

      Delete
  2. If I'm not counting the Twilight books (which I'm not, as they're really not good!), then I have to say the Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. A much better story with awesome characters! I've re-read those books so many times, and I'll always turn to them when I'm in a slump :) I'm sensing a vampire theme here, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampires are the best! But then I'm vampire obsessed and have been for years. I'll probably always love vampires. Seriously though, great choice! Vampire Academy is freaking awesome sauce! I remember waiting for the last book to come out... that was awful! But worth it!

      Delete
  3. I've always been into reading, but it was probably the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series that got me into YA (which was like 6th grade). It also got me into the online community for books!! I was actually reading YA before that (including Twilight...that was fifth grade....), but I never really got too into it, so it was probably this series that really got me into reading in general...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I've heard nothing but good things about the Percy Jackson series, I've been meaning in get into it but... I don't know. Just seems a bit young for me now... I need an opinion from someone who's read them. Should I read them? I think Twilight was what got lots of people into reading YA, at least that saga brought attention to this wonderful world of YA.

      Delete
    2. OH yes the opportunity to get a new reader to the series! xD Percy Jackson by all means is honestly a bit young, but some people have read the series since it came out since they were young so it doesn't seem that young to them. But seriously it maybe a bit young in the first couple of books but as it progress' it gets more mature, so even if you think its young don't miss the chance to read this series because its one of the most amazing series I have ever read!! ;)

      Delete
    3. Well that settles it! I've going to have to get the first book from my local library! I need to get on this train as I've been feeling left out :(

      Delete
  4. One of the first YA books I ever read was Black Tuesday by Susan Colebank. I read it in grade six after receiving it in a secret santa exchange. :) it was quite good!


    fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Wish I could've gotten a cool book for secret santa!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...