Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Book Fangirling Blog Award






First off, I would like to thank the wonderful Fiona from A Girl Between the Pages. This award so suits me as I'm always fangirling and driving my boyfriend and sister crazy. I just can't help it! It's alright though, I know that you amazing sunflowers understand me and for that I love you all so much! Now, I have some questions to answer!


1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?


This may sound cheesy and such but it's being able to share my thoughts, love for books and characters with others who have the same love for it. Growing up and even now as an 'adult', I still have no friends into reading... most think I'm weird for reading when there is so much other 'adult' things I could be doing. So to actually have people who I can fangirl with and talk about books we love so much or ones that we even hate and need to rant about. So yeah, it's you lovely buttercups. Thanks for every single comment. 



2. Which books or series your book boyfriend/s came from?


Before I answer this question let it be known that in real life I have only one boyfriend and I'm perfectly happy with him. Now... let's go to book world, where if I'm honest with myself I maybe kind of a slut or at the very least a huge cheater. Because here in book world, I got a lot of boyfriends. 

1) Roth from The Dark Elements 

2) Daemon from The Lux Series

3) Jack from Blue Bloods

4) Tamlin from ACOTAR 

5) Jace from The Mortal Instruments

okay, okay, I need to stop there, see what I mean though? I'm a very bad girl in book world but there are just too many perfect guys! What's a girl to do?


3) What was the craziest thing you ever did because of fangirling?


Nothing too crazy, I'm actually pretty proud of myself for that. But there was this one time... I was at the midnight showing of Twilight, having arrive around 10pm. There was so many lines already... but in front of me there was this girl, who looked at me and started laughing. I didn't understand why, I was wearing jeans and Team Edward shirt with some light make up. Then she told me that Edward was a loser and that he should've died in New Moon. Needless to say we got into a huge verbal fight over who was better until the ushers made us separate. I'm all for everyone having their own thoughts and opinion. She just went way too far, don't try to force your views on others.



4. If you were to choose one book or one series to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?


Can I choose death instead? Because this would feel like death... okay, I'm being way too dramatic but it would seriously suck. If I could only pick one series... because a series is still better than one single book. Maybe, ACOTAR, TMI, or The Covenant series because at least the last two have a lot of books in them and they are great.


5) When was the last time you had a major book hangover, and what was that book/series? 


It was when The Host first came out, I bought it and read it all in one night. I felt like a zombie the next day and ended up getting bad marks on a huge test. I've never done that again... I also felt really stupid for staying up so late to read a book that turns out I didn't like at all.


Questions

1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your favorite book so far of 2015 and why?
3) Have you ever done anything embarrassing while fangirling?
4) What was the book that got you into reading?
5) Who is/are your book boyfriend(s)? 






Rules

1) Create a post to accept your award.
2) Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
3) Answer the questions I have above.
4) Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
5) Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
7) Link to me your post so I can see your answers.



Now for the bloggers I'm going to nominate!

3) Sinead
5) Mehsi
6) Denise






12 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you! I have very little friends who read, and they all think I'm weird when I should be doing other more life-productive stuff. Haha, you listed only 5 book boyfriends? I'm betting that the list is actually a lot longer ;) And don't worry, it's not cheating if they live in different books! We all have that issue. There are too many fictional guys to fangirl over, because they're all so perfect! Great answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot longer actually haha! I just didn't want to take up a while post with like 20 (50) or more of my book boyfriends. I'll have to remember that! So I'm not cheating at all :D Thanks! I can't wait to see your post as well! It's so great to have this outlet where we can talk to others about books... if we were back in the days before the internet we'd be so lonely, sitting in a corner reading by ourselves...

      Delete
  2. Thank-you for the nomination! I also nominated you for an award too - the Beautiful Blogger Award. Check out my post to find out what you have to do: http://confessions-of-a-book-addict.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me as well! It's so sweet of you <3

      Delete
  3. Your answers are very amusing, Carrie! I laughed out load on what you answered for Question #3! Girl, that was hilarious! :D Some people are just borderline rude and crazy sometimes! Hahahaha!

    Anyway, I totally agree with your answer for Question #4. I will choose ACOTAR too, my goodness! Just seeing the title makes me want to scream because I can't wait for the second book! This is frustrating. I really can't wait for 2016.

    And for your answer in Question #5, that was seriously nerve-wracking. I can't imagine the thought of me reading something that at the end would make me realize that I wasted so much effort and time for such a crappy book. Good thing you didn't decide to burn the book. Haha! Lol. =))

    xx,
    Fiona of A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is proof that people can be crazy sometimes haha.

      ACOTAR is still my most favorite book I've read this year. It's still stuck with me and now that I'm talking about it I want to read it again.... it's just too good and waiting till next year is going to be the death of me.

      Lol, I didn't burn it no... but I honestly did sell it to Half Price Books and with that money bought a book I actually like and still have today <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Carrie! I have learned you are a fangirl to be reckoned with :P After Question 3, I'm afraid to disagree with you over teams, lol! Can't wait to do this tag, it's going to be so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your response made me laugh and smile. Yeah don't disagree with me, I'll go all ninja on you and lol I can't even finish that. I'm still laughing too hard. In all honestly, I don't care if people don't agree, I like that people can have different thoughts, it makes individuals. But I do seriously, HATE when people force (or try to that is) their thoughts and views on others. Live and let live!
      Oh a different note, I can't wait to see your answers and I do hope you have fun!

      Delete
  5. Thank so much for the nomination Carrie! Your Book Boyfriend list is just awesome ;) you have the BEST taste.. Although I must find out who Jack is, I will be looking up Blue Bloods asap! ACOTAR would be the perfect series to read all over again, you just know her next book is going to be even better ;) <3

    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is pretty awesome. I love the Blue Bloods though it doesn't get much love /shrugs/ You're welcome! I know how much of a fangirl you are lol /cough/ Roth /cough/ :D ACOTAR is amazing and you're totally right, the next one is going to be even better!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for nominating me! Here are my answers http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.gr/2015/07/the-book-fangirling-blog-award-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love your answers by the way! :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...