Friday, July 21, 2017

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Character Name

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books.



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for the Week
Favorite/Least Favorite Character Name


This one is super fun, I love and dislike a lot of character names! So let's just make a list of three each. 



Favorites

Scarlet - Caraval 


Daemon Black - Lux Series


Yukki Cross - Vampire Knight 





Least Favorites

Chaol Westfall - Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass series)



America Singer - The Selection series



Peeta - The Hunger Games




Topic for Next Week
Place you buy the most/least books










8 comments:

  1. I love Peeta as a character, but the name is kinda funny. In my language it means bread and who knows, maybe it was intentional. Have you seen the parody on YT? When Katniss yells for Peeta and loafs appear on the screen?:))) It`s so stupid, but so funny.

    http://www.carmensreadingcorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name means bread in your language? Wow... I also wonder if that was intentional... would be kinda cool and weird if it was. I mean because he saved her lives with the loafs of bread but also... why name your child bread?

      Delete
  2. I actually love the name Chaol Westfall! And Chaol himself.

    I agree that Peeta and America Singer aren't the greatest names, though! Especially Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaol is awesome... well until a little later. No spoilers I swear! I guess his name bugs me because for the longest time I was saying his name wrong and now that I really know how to say it... it just sounds funny to me lol

      Delete
  3. I was so close to adding Scarlet to mine this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bums, I missed putting in the Linkup. But here's mine from last week
    http://pagestoexplore.blogspot.com/2017/07/friday-56-and-book-beginning-mummy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name Scarlet too! It's just so pretty and almost lyrical sounding :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!