Friday, June 23, 2017

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Format of Books

This fun meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for the Week
Favorite/Least Favorite Format of Books



Favorite


My favorite is hardcovers. I love how the cover will not bend or crease, I love how the cover comes off and I can use it as a poster if I want. Plus, the smell of the pages... oh it's heaven you guys. Just heaven. 


Least Favorite 



I'll freely admit that back when these first came out and my mother got one... I stuck up my nose to her. I was a full on book prude. I thought these weren't real books, they weren't as good. Now I see that they are great. Cheaper books (sometimes), it doesn't hurt trees, and it's so freaking light! This came in handy back when I was going through all my major health problems and couldn't hold anything over a certain weight. Not to mention how easy it is to get ARCs and indie authors sending their book out.

So while I do like them now and do even read on my little Kindle, I still like them least. Nothing will ever replace a hardcover book in my heart. 



Topic for Next Week
Best/Worst Book Read in June 












6 comments:

  1. I used to always read on my nook, but I've had it for quite a while and it's become outdated and lags when I try to "flip" the page. I normally go for paperbacks just because I'm not worried about hurting the dust jacket. I normally get my books from the library too, so then I don't have to worry about creasing the spine because it usually already is! :D I think aesthetic-wise, hardcovers are the best, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother had that very same problem. She had one of the very first Kindles and now it was so slow that she switched to a Nook. She's much happier now lol

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about ebooks, it's just not quite the same... but it is quite convenient to be able to carry so many books with you on one little device. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same sort of feelings! Even though I love hardcovers, they can get heavy and environmentally impactful. And, when I get books for review, it's easier for both the author/publisher and me for the book to be in a digital format. I still hoard hardcovers, though, and I love how they make my shelves look so pretty :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Agree to everything you said. It's so much easier for authors. Also hardcovers do look perfect on a shelf don't they?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...