Saturday, May 27, 2017

Follow Me Back - ARC Mini Book Breakdown

Tessa Hart’s world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it’s like his speaking directly to her…

Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn’t help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.

When a fellow pop star is murdered at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast—like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric’s plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world’s best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn…

Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts. 




Mini Book Breakdown

Eric only wanted to let some stress go and maybe troll some of his followers on Twitter. Even never even thought that maybe one of his fans would understand him. He never thought he'd end up falling for her.

I enjoyed this novel a lot. It had so many twists and turns and some I did not see coming! One even blew my mind. This novel kept my mind working hard to try and process all the twists. It was a fun time. I've never read a novel that actually had me on the edge of my seat. At times, I wasn't sure what was going to happen but I knew I just had to keep reading. 

I love how this story was told. It's honestly the main reason I choose it from NetGalley. I also love that it uses Twitter, because right now (I'm sure it will change) Twitter is my favorite social media. So these things pulled me into the story. It moves pretty fast and it a quick read. I enjoyed the format greatly. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a cool book! I'm so glad to hear you thought the formatting didn't make the book harder to read or understand. It can either be really good or really bad when an author decides to deviate from the normal written form. I'll be sure to check this out when it's released in June. Lovely review, Carrie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.