Friday, May 26, 2017

50/50 Friday - Deepest/Most Shallow Book in the Paranormal Romance Genre

This fun meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for the Week
Most deep/shallow book in ___ genre (choice genre) (message/fluff)



So I chose the paranormal genre this time because it's one of my favorite genres.


The most shallow would have to be the Dark Guardian novels. They are so surface level as they come but that being said, I still do like them it's just they could have really went deep into this world that I love.



A deep paranormal series that I love would have to be The Morganville Vampires series. 
It really digs into this world and the vampires and even the character growth. 




Topic for Next Week
Best/Worst Book Read in May




3 comments:

  1. I need to hurry up and read the rest of the Morganville Vampires series! I love when paranormal worlds go really deep and feature great characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of these, but I've heard great things about the Morganville Vampires. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in your answers for this topic, Carrie. The paranormal genre can be really tricky in terms of fluff because it's a naturally more serious genre to begin with. I think it's kind of akin to light vs high fantasy where some of them don't require all that much thought and don't have too much depth to their themes.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.