Friday, March 17, 2017

50/50 Friday - Best/Worst Debut Novel

This fun new meme is hosted by Laura from Blue Eye Books and myself.


What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for the Week
Best/Worst Novel


So this has happened to everyone before. You read a debut novel and you're blown away by how good it is and then on the flip side, you read a debut novel and are very let down by it. So today, I'm going to share my favorite debut novel and the one that was a let down for me. 



Best
Everything Everything*
This book got me out of a horrible month long reading slump. I read it all in one day and I loved every part of it. I can't believe this was a debut novel, I thought it was just fantastic. 




Worst
Red Queen 
This to me just seemed like a lot of other novels smashed into one. I could not get into it and it felt very rushed in some places and thew world building could have been better. So this to me felt like a debut novel. 




Topic for Next Week
Novel Worth/Not Worth the Hype







*Everything Everything has been labeled as problematic. Know before you buy!






3 comments:

  1. I just saw the trailer for the Everything, Everything movie and I'm really excited for it! I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I'm hoping I'll be able to before seeing the movie.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! I loved it personally. I hope you get to read it before the movie. It's not a big book so hopefully you can!

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting to check when you post so I can add my link, by the time I remember, the linky has expired.

    Here is mine from a couple weeks ago.
    Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.