Friday, December 23, 2016

50/50 Friday - Sidekicks



This meme is hosted by myself and the every wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.


Topic for this Week
Sidekick deserving of a spinoff/better off with the group


I'm going to use Sarah J Maas books for these choices as her characters were the first ones to come to mind. 








First off. The sidekick I would love to see get her own spinoff would have to be Amren from A Court of Mist and Fury. There is so much I want to know about her, she's so badass, and yet so hidden in the darkness that I don't know much about her. I think she could carry a series on her own and I think she could do it perfectly! 














This one might get me so backlash but the sidekick I think is better with the group and I don't think he needs his own novella is Chaol from Throne of Glass. I know everyone loves him and some are even mad that he lost the girl but I always thought he was very overrated. I mean I like him but to run away and let Dorian suffer and just ugh. Nope. Just nope. 









Next Week's Topic 
Best/Worst food in a book (that you'd want to eat)



Have a great weekend, a Merry (Happy) Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
As always, happy reading and be kind to others!




2 comments:

  1. Ooo Armen would be so awesome in her own books! She has such a complex backstory! I also agree with you on Chaol. I really liked him in the first couple books, but then once Aelin split from him in Heir of Fire, I found that I didn't really enjoy reading his chapters. And in Queen of Shadows, I only read his perspective so I could understand the plot (and to read more of Nesryn!). He's great and all but yeah, he's not all that strong on his own.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the first book in the series for Throne of Glass, but Chaol was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...