Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Raven Boys - Review

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her. His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Gansey is different. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been told by her psychic family that she will kill her true love. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.






Book Breakdown


Guys. Guys. GUYS! This book. OMG this book! So I tried reading this sometime last year and could not get through the first 100 pages. I will say that this book is very slow to start, it actually stays pretty slow for a long time but it's building the characters and the world is very well built during this time. It really enriches the story.

I love all the characters so much! I will say that Adam is sad as can be. I understand where he's coming from and it's great he wants to be a self created man but I don't understand why he doesn't except the help from his friends. They only want to help!

Ronan is... I don't even have words for him, at first I thought he was kind of an ass and then you really get to know him. You see why he is the way he is. He's such a strong and well developed character. One of the best I've ever seen honestly.

Then Blue, I love her! I love how she's so different from the average girl. I really love her family. They are too cool, I would love to live her family, There would never be a dull moment at all. Though I feel so bad for her, her true love will die if she kisses him.

That leaves Gansey. Oh my wonderful sweet and strange Gansey. He is such an old soul, so different from anyone his age. I love him so much. He's so caring and kind and also I feel so bad for him. Enough said.

I'd never heard of Ley Lines before this novel, so I went and actually looked up some of this stuff. I'm one of those people that like all this strange stuff. If you meet me in real life... I'm weird guys, I find this kind of thing really cool. Do I actually believe in any of it... not really. But it's cool to learn new things and these ley lines are pretty cool. So that was awesome to see.

I love the plot, it's well thought out and flushed so perfectly, that I honestly saw no mistakes and that's rare for me. Usually every book has a few mistakes or at least one. This one was awesome! I'm already reading the second one and it's just as good.

So if you've not read this book yet, then got onto it! You won't regret it!

10 comments:

  1. I actually tried listening to the audiobook last year and couldn't get into it. After reading your review you've convinced me to try this one again! I'll be sure to read the book as I didn't like the narriator in the audiobook version. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the audiobook once, it sucks. I don't recommend it. The book is great though.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you like the book! I got it from the library a couple of days ago and have just started it..I admit it is kinda slow but I believe it'll pick up the pace soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's very slow at the start. It's what made me put it down around a year ago. It does get better. Just hang in there!

      Delete
  3. Yey! I'm glad you liked it. RONAN is my FAVORITE. I can't wait for the Ronan spin off the author is writing now. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait. What?! We are getting a Ronan spin off?!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I have yet to pick up the sequels, but I hope to do so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware the last book, it's kind of a let down.

      Delete
  5. You seem to be really enthusiastic about this book! I bought it a long time ago and it's been collecting dust on my shelf....along with all the other unread books....I keep reading your reviews and changing around my to-read pile! I'm looking forward to reading this one

    Wren @ http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first three are super great! The last one... Not so much. At least in my opinion.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...