Monday, November 14, 2016

Music Monday and NaNoWriMo Update



So this is a very late to the party post but I wanted to come out and say that I am doing NaNoWriMo this year. I've already gotten over 25,000 words. I've been writing hard every single day. I've been writing so much that I've not read in days more than a chapter or two at a time. I've not posted as much on my blog either. Sorry for the later.

The book I'm writing this year is one that I would love to see published but it probably wouldn't be because it's about vampires. It's a NA adult paranormal romance. It's also got lots of action. I plan to actually finish this once. Last year I wrote 3/4 of a book and stopped. So while I am doing NaNoWriMo, I'm doing it a bit differently, I plan to finish my book by the end of this month, even if that means writing way more than 50,000 words.

Once I actually finish the book and edit it, I may post some chapters here for feedback. So if you'd like to read some of chapters let me know! That would be a big help. Also, I will be looking for Beta readers, so if that is something you'd be interested in, again, let me know.


Are any of you guys doing NaNoWriMo this year? How far along are you guys? What are your projects? 

Good luck no matter what you're doing! May we all reach our goals! 



This awesome meme is hosted over at Always Me.


So since I've been writing everyday for hours a day. I've found some awesome new music and artists, which makes me happy. I love finding new music. This song helped me write a scene where my MC finds out she's been lied to by almost everyone around her and the only one she can trust is herself.


I will have to share the link only to this one as YouTube keeps taking it down, even when I use the Nightcore version or covers. Sorry guys.

Tove Lo - Imaginary Friend

These lyrics fit the most. It's kind of freaking how well they fit the scene.

Crushing my heart, tear me apart
Hate on this world 'cause reality sucks
Feeling their doubt, shut them all out
Crushing my heart, tear me apart
Hate on this world 'cause reality sucks
Feeling their doubt, shut them all out
‘Cause I need you

Imaginary friend, stay with me 'til the end now
Keeping me dreaming
Imaginary friend, stay with me 'til the end now
Over, over again



This one helped me write the scene when my MC had to finally make the kill she was trying to avoid over half the book. It was hard and left me in tears. The scene not the song ha ha.



3 comments:

  1. Over 25k already?? Congratulations!! I started but I'm not sure I like where mine is going so I think I'll continue on with the project I abandoned last year. I'll probably finish it after NaNoWriMo is over but I'll still get a total word count of 50k so I'll be happy :) At the beginning of the month, I just didn't feel like continuing with it but I think I do want to now. Anyway, if you ever need feedback, I'd love to help you out :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Tove Lo's music. I have her Queen of the Clouds album, and it's one of my favorites. I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but good luck with your project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last song- I really like that! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.