Friday, November 11, 2016

50/50 Friday Best/Worst Villain

50/50 Friday is a weekly meme hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.



What is 50/50 Friday? 

Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.





This Week's theme is best/worst Villain. 
So I kind of messed up with one of my last posts and so I'm going to fix it here. I'm going to do best worst villain and author has ever created here. So the author I've chosen it J.K. Rowling and here are my choices. 


Worst
Yep! I'm going there. She's such a well written, well thought out character. I also hate her fucking guts. That is a great villain right there! Though I still hate her the most so she gets this spot.


Best
I'm sure everyone saw this coming. He's one of the best written characters J.K. Rowling has ever written.  Voldemort was driving by his quest for power and his desperation to make wizards Pure Bloods.  Believing Harry to the child destined to destroy him, Voldemort tried to attack and kill the boy, which backfired horribly resulting in him being nearly destroyed.  He's a minor, growing threat in the first few books but once he gets a body at the end of Goblet of Fire, he becomes a true menace and forces Harry to confront his destiny.  He's definitely the Joker to Harry's Batman and his motivation feels very believable.  Which is why I think he's the best book villain. 







3 comments:

  1. I went about this a slightly different way, and I restrained myself from using HP characters. Great choices though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umbridge is such an awesome choice! I think people definitely underestimate her and go straight to Voldemort.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete