Friday, October 14, 2016

50/50 Friday - Book to Movie

This meme is hosted my myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.


What is 50/50 Friday? 

Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.





This Week's Topic 

Book to the big screen/Never to the big screen


So I book I would love to see as a movie and one I'd never want to see... hmm... 
I'm that weird person that gets kind of nervous any time I hear a book I like is going to become a movie. While I would love to see my favorite book a movie or TV series, I get nervous that they will ruin it. 

So a book I would never want to see as a movie would be Daughter of Smoke & Bone. The main reason would be the shitty CGI. Yeah, we all know that it would happen and it would ruin the movie. It would take away all the wonderful imagery from this book. It would also have to be cut so much that we would lose too much of this rich story that I hope it never becomes a movie.


A book I think could actually be a great movie is one I just got done reading. I think it would be wonderful to see this book on the big screen. It's a rich world that I think would go over well onto film. The story is also simple enough that not much would need to be cut out and what did would be fine. 

So what movies do you want to see as movies? Or never see has movies. Also if there is a topic you'd like to see, let us know! Have a great weekend and happy reading! 







4 comments:

  1. Haha, I had Daughter of Smoke and Bone for a book I'd never want an adaptation for as well! Half the beauty of that book is the majesty of the visuals and the beautiful writing which they'd have to get exactly right or it could be terrible. I also agree with you on the CGI: a lot of that movie/TV show would have to be CGI and I just don't want to put my trust in them quite yet! And could you imagine if they had to change the ending or something because they weren't sure they'd get more funding for the next two movies? I couldn't bear to see that.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see both of these adapted, but like you said with DoSaB it probably wouldn't turn out well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see both of these as a movie, but I don't know how either would work honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, in that I get nervous whenever a book to movie adaptation is announced but I take it one step further by not wanting it to happen (a recent development actually...) Perhaps I know that it will never be exactly as I would have hoped and want to keep my favourite books as that - stories which I love.
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete