Friday, October 21, 2016

50/50 Friday - Best/Worst Villain

This meme is hosted my myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books.


What is 50/50 Friday? 

Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.




This Week's Topic

Best/Worst Villain an Author has Ever Created.

So this one is pretty easy for me. The way I see if a villain is good or bad is their character. Why are they bad? What made them turn that way? So a bad villain would be the King from The Selection series. He's really just an asshole, he was one even before he became king. 



A good villain would have to be Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles. I think her background made her who she was, she wasn't always an evil witch. This this was done perfectly!



So what do you guys think? Let me know below or don't forget to link up! 




4 comments:

  1. I was so close to adding Levana to my list this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks! I didn't like the King either! He was just evil for the heck of it. That's why I like Levana why. She has a real reason for the pain she causes! To be honest, I really sympathized with her when reading Fairest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really interesting take! I LOVE Levana's character too! After I read Fairest, I loved her as a villain even more. She really believed in what she was doing and she had a pretty messed up childhood so I actually began to feel a little bad for her. I love those types of villains!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, Levana is an excellent villain. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...