Friday, July 29, 2016

Feature & Follow Friday - DNF Books


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me, everyone wins.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



This Weeks Prompt
What is your take on DNF books. Do you review them? Choose not to review them?




My Answer
So for me it depends actually. I hate not finishing a book in the first place. The book has to be super duper bad for me to quit. For example, I just finished the book: The Other Boleyn Girl, and I wanted to quit that long, boring, book so many times. I pushed through though and when I was done I was wondering why? Why did I read a shitty book when there are so many good books out there? Because I really hate not finishing a book.


Anyway, back to the question, I will only review a book that I have read 75% of or more, otherwise I feel I can't really give my honest opinion or that I haven't given the book a fair shot. I think in the almost two years that I've been blogging, I've only ever reviewed two books I DNF. So that's not too bad.


But I do just want to say that I'm not the kind of person that will get upset if I see other bloggers giving a review for a book they only read a little of. Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and feelings. I mean, everyone is different and that's what makes the world go around. 

What's your thoughts on DNF books? Let me know below and have a great weekend! 











*My follow links are in the sidebar, feel free to follow, I follow back any book peep*




11 comments:

  1. Reading 75% or more and doing a review seems fair to me. By that point you have a good idea of the book. There's only a few books where the ended turned a bad book into a good one for me (Allegiant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make to to almost 50% before I decide to DNF a book or not. If it's too tiring I stop earlier.
    Old follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate not finishing books too although I am trying to be stricter with myself about not continuing to plod through a book I am not enjoying. Like you say, there I so many others out there!
    I do usually still review and try and explain why I am DNF. One indie author got quite upset that I hadn't reviewed his book and actually wanted my 1 star bad review published everywhere, rather than silence. Any publicity is goid publicity?

    Stephanie Jane @ Literary Flits

    ReplyDelete
  4. DNF reviews are the hardest to write, but I feel like they are important to. There are tons of books I've been on the fence about and I read every review that pops up, good, bad, or DNF. I need feedback to figure out if the book is truly for me or not and every opinion helps. That's why I write DNF reviews because I want to help other readers out with their dilemmas!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hate not finishing a book. It makes me feel guilty, even though it shouldn’t. I’ll write a DNF review if I make it past 50% of the book, but I usually don’t make it that far, so I don’t write many DNF reviews.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm too much of a completionist to DNF many books but I always review them regardless of how far I got (I just state when I stopped and the reasons why). Happy reading!

    Austine @ NovelKnight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why did I read a shitty book when there are so many good books out there? That's how I always feel when I force myself to push on and finish a book. I hate that feeling and time I've wasted, but I also don't like to DNF books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also find that when I am reading a book that I don't want to finish, I fall into a slump and get behind on my reading in general.
    New Twitter and Bloglovin' follower!
    Laura
    My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't review them but I don't mind people that do. I can at least see why they didn't finish and myabe it will help me wit choosing books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I DNF books very rarely. I don't often review them unless I'm obligated to than I try to share it in private with the person I have the agreement with. Following on Bloglovin and Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Before I started doing reviews for Netgalley and various book tour companies, I usually forced myself to finish books because I had to see how they ended. However, now, my read/review schedule is so packed, if a book is so flawed that it doesn't redeem itself in some way pretty quickly, it's going to get DNF-ed. I always try to explain specifically why I put it down, however!

    Heather
    Bloodthirsty Muses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.