Thursday, May 26, 2016

Discussion Challenge #2 (Books I've Read & Didn't Like)




So this idea actually came from the link up page for the Discussion Challenge. I know this will be a very controversial post but sometimes I like to stir up trouble. Also, I do just want to say that any of the books I mention, just because I don't like them, doesn't mean they are bad books, everyone has different tastes. One of the books I name maybe your favorite read and that's fantastic! It takes all kinds to make the world go around. 




This one I almost didn't even finish. It hard to get through, I just didn't like the main character and her love intrest was rather flat and boring to me. I hate that I didn't love this book as the cover is stunning! It is a very short read so maybe that's why I finished it but sadly it just wasn't my cup of tea.




I don't think this is a bad book it just wasn't great and I have no desire to even pick up the next one. Nothing to me felt original, it all was been there, done that. I saw the big twist coming from a mile away and I didn't really even like Mare... sorry if this one breaks your heart but just not my thing.




This book is only one thing, a cash grab from when the TV show was doing good. I've heard that L.J. Smith didn't even write these, they were ghost written or something (don't quote me on that. Like I said it was just something I've heard). These feel nothing the original ones that stole my heart and got me not only into YA books but vampires as well.



I don't remember what book it was but I used to love these books, I got into the series when only the first four were out and I devoured them in less than two days but I got older and more came out and then I tried to get back into the series only to find it was very immature. I didn't have the love for it anymore. Too bad they weren't all out when I was in love with it.





This series started off good but the more I got into it, it grew boring and it was so white washed to me. I lost interest. Though I love Secret Vampire and now after talking about this series, I want to read that one again. Just that one.





I really liked the first two in this series when I read it but this one.... no. I don't know why but I just didn't enjoy it at all.




This.... I just.... no words.





So what about you sunflowers? Are there any books you've read that are popular and didn't like? Or not even a popular one, just a book in general you didn't like? Let me know what the book is and why below. 

4 comments:

  1. Omg I feel the same about Red Queen!!! I won't be finishing that series either. That Night World Series was okay. I didn't finish that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Queen.... After all the hype I thought it would be fantastic... Maybe the hype killed it for me.

      Delete
  2. The only one of these I've read is Red Queen (which I actually really loved), but I totally get it. Sometimes people rave about a book and you just feel "meh" about it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm the same way about Blue Bloods. No one seems to love that series at all and it's amazing! I'm just weird haha

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...