Friday, March 11, 2016

Feature & Follow Friday #14




Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me, everyone wins.


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



This Week's Prompt:
What are some of your biggest pet peeves with books? i.e. love triangles etc.

  • Insta-Love! I HATE it so much. It just makes no sense and it doesn't give the characters a chance to really fall in love. I've said this many many times, love is something that takes time to build. There is no love at first sight. There is lust at first sight and even that can eventually lead to love. But you can't just look a person and fall in love. You know nothing about them. 
  • Next I generally hate what I believe is called the 'Alpha Male' where the guy won't even let the girl breathe on her own. Like Twilight sometimes, and an even better point, Fifty Shades of Grey. Not that I've ever read the whole series or even the first whole book - could not make it though that rubbish. Though if you like it, go for it. Just not my thing at all - I remember the contract he gave her, what she could eat, when she slept, what she had to wear, how she had to keep her body hair... Those kind of guys piss me off and just rub me the wrong way. Men should not be like that and I find it very sad that some women or even men, want that kind of partner. No one should be controlled that way. 
  • Weak female main characters especially in YA. So many younger girls read these books and I just want them to have a strong female to look too, to aspire too. We live in a time when we as females can do pretty much anything we want (though don't get me started on unfair wages), so I love seeing strong female characters. Now, this doesn't mean that I hate weak female characters, because I happen to connect more with them. I'm not a very strong kickass girl. I'm pretty weak physically after the tumor and such so yeah, I get it. I just personally don't like reading about them. 

So what about you Sunflowers? Now that I went on a long rant it's your turn to let me know! Either leave your link to your FF or simply tell me below in the comments. I can't wait to see what you guys think! I know a lot of you will probably say love triangles but I actually like them... not to toot my own horn or anything but in every love triangle I've read, my choice of guy always wins. Okay that was totally tooting my own horn. #sorrynotsorry 

Feel free to follow me anyway is easiest for you. I have pretty much everything but intsagram because my tablet doesn't have that yet. Damn you Amazon!!! Just let me know how you followed and I will be sure to follow back. 

12 comments:

  1. I so agree with "alpha male" and whole FSOG crap.I would call them "dominant males" because to me "alpha male" I see more as shape-shifters,you know Alpha of the pack...of course some act all alpha to their women even if they aren't necessarily an alpha it's more like a culture thing.But yes people do refer to most dominant males as alpha males I just like to differentiate paranormal from normal.I'm weird,lol.I can understand a guy wanting to protect his woman but when they start dictating and controlling every aspect of her life,yeah that's way too far and more like manipulation and physiological abuse.
    I'm all fora damsel in distress but like you I have illness that makes me weak so I can relate to weak female characters but secretly I love the kick-butt females so I can live vicarious through them.I like to imagine I can be a warrior and fight evil!
    My FF:http://purpleshadowhunter.blogspot.com/2016/03/feature-and-follow.html
    Following GFC~new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True you make a great point it is a Dominant male.
      Yes! Kick ass characters are great to live through!

      Thanks for the follow, I followed back :)

      Delete
  2. Yes to all this! Still wondering what the heck I was thinking the other night when I wrote this post! I totally forgot to include insta love because I soooooo loathe that! Attraction, yes, that's totally acceptable, but declarations of love before we're halfway through? Or in the first 100 pages or so? Nope. Can't do it!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate INSTA-love too. UGh, it's SO annoying.

    Followed through GFC.

    My FF post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I followed back!

      Delete
  4. Completely forgot to write down pretty much everything you said. Excellent answers!
    New follower :)
    Here's my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the weak female characters too. I can still really enjoy the book and it doesn't bother me for me. It bothers me for young female readers. In YA in particular I wish writers would stop making weak female characters. At least if they are a main character. Don't get me started on Bella from Twilight. Even though I enjoy that series she is the WORST example for teen girls. GRR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to the alpha males. It’s not sexy to have a guy hovering over you all the time.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.