Sunday, March 13, 2016

2 Mini Poetry Book Reviews

Life is random and so is this book. 
It is a collection of poems arranged in no particular order. There are happy poems, sad poems, serious poems, poems about real life and poems that are total fiction. There are poems about love, poems about cats, poems for children, and there is even one about a... 
From one page to the next you don't know what you are going to find.


Come with me
and climb a rainbow
one color at a time
until we reach the clouds.
We can drift away
with the billowing grey
on a quest to catch
a wandering star.
And on that star
   we can make a wish
that out moment
will last forever.

Book Breakdown


This was a lovely collection of poems. Some are just so beautiful that I had to read them again right after I finished. I've actually never read a book of poetry before so I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't this. This was so much better than I thought it would be. I've even written one down and used it to make my own bookmark. 

For anyone who loves poems, this little book is for you. There is just about everything in here. The author has such a talent, I wish I could write a poem this well! The way the words flow are just amazingly wonderful. 

*I was given this book in exchange for an honest review*











Encounter is a book of poems written mostly in free verse but with some traditional poetic forms included. The poems are divided into three themes – love, nature and life.

Linda has experienced all sides of love – the joy it brings, the pain when it goes wrong, unrequited and learning to move on. Her aim is to show that it really is possible to overcome heartbreak and start again with hope and confidence.
She is constantly inspired by nature and she invites you to share with her the thrill of a new spring, mercurial summer, the glorious colors of autumn, the frozen wonders of winter.







Book Breakdown

This book is so amazing! It had me wishing for summer and usually I hate summer so that's rare on it's own. The poems of love are what stuck with me the most. I found myself trying to memorize some so I could keep them forever. 

This book is a very short read. So if you are wanting to get into poetry but aren't sure, then get this book. If you don't like it, then no harm done but if you decide you like poetry than you have a wonderful little book that gives you a great start.

I'm so glad that I was able to read this book, so worth it. I had it read in less than an hour and found myself going back to read my favorites right after. It's just flows so perfectly. The author such has an amazing way with words. Give this one a try, you won't regret it!

*I was given this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I'm glad you liked these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these sound so cute! Usually I steer clear of poetry when I'm reading for pleasure - the only time I've really read it is at school, and they don't pick the best poems! Encounter seems like a great one to read in spring, so I'll have to add it to my tbr! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!