Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Falling Kingdoms - Review

In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.

Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Heir: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, firstborn son Magnus begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword....






Book Breakdown
*SPOILER ALERT*

I didn't know this series even existed until I saw it floating around booktube, then it was everywhere. So I did what I always do with new books I know nothing about, I went to Goodreads and checked it out before snagging myself a copy from Amazon. I also bought my sister a copy as she said it looked pretty good too. It was well worth the buy. I've since bought two more, all I need is the last one.

Mystica isn't doing so well these days. Paelsia is slowly dying out and Limeros is pretty much a frozen wasteland. Auranos' is the only one doing great as of late with their golden palace. Even the Watches Sanctuary is starting to see negative effects. All because of greed. Two greedy watchers who wanted more power long ago. The watchers search for others like them, maybe even someone how can help them find the kindred.  The kindred are four powerful crystals that contain the four elements. These crystals could return their world back into something beautiful and thriving.

Enough back story though, let's just jump into it. Our adventure takes off with Cleo, who's on a ship with Aron -her soon to be betrothed- to sail to Paelsia in search of some really great wine. That leads to Aron killing a boy which kicks off the whole plot of this story. It starts a war. Paelsia is upset and the late boy's younger brother; Jonas, wants revenge.

Magnus is the prince of Limeros. He doesn't care much for anything except for one very important person, his younger sister; Lucia. Who isn't what she thought she was, not even close.. She's a powerful sorceress, one whose birth for foretold many years ago. Will Magus be able to get over his feelings for his sister? Does she feel the same?

This story is very character driven and these four characters actually grow throughout the course of this novel. Which is really awesome! It ends on a cliffhanger that made me grab the next book right after, I just had to know what was going to happen!

I hope that Jonas gets his way and that the king of Limeros goes down! I don't like him at all. He's the villain in this world and sadly, so far everything seems to be going his way. My only downside to this book, is I wanted more romance. I expected more romance I should say. This book doesn't really have any. I mean there is a tiny bit before the love interest is killed. There is so much awesome action and behind the scenes evil plotting. It's a great and fun ride. The writing is so easy to follow and flows perfectly. I love how the author brings each character into the plot and the parts they each play are perfect!

If you haven't read this book yet than you should remedy that like yesterday! It's a great book!










Favorite Quotes


1)  “Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice.” 

2) “Even in the darkest and most cruel person, there is still a kernel of good. And within the most perfect champion, there is darkness. The question is, will one give in to the dark or the light? It's something we decide with every choice we make, every day that we exist. What might not be evil to you could be evil to someone else. Knowing this makes us powerful even without magic.” 

3) “Hate is such a strong emotion. Much more powerful than indifference. But those who burn with hate can also love just as intensely. Can't they? When you hate--or love--do you do so with all your heart? So much that it feels as if you might die from it?” 


6 comments:

  1. This book was great! I've only read up to the second book, and I can tell you that it gets even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess I couldn't read the review you put up cause of the spoilers! Buutttt I really want to read this series soon, and considering the quotes you put out at the end that were oh so beautiful, this book already sounds amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love this book! I promise. It's great!!!

      Delete
  3. I like character driven stories. I'm glad you liked this one, it sounds good. And OMG yes it did pop up out of nowhere and then it was everywhere haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd like it too! Lol yeah it was amazing how it just blew up overnight.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!