Thursday, February 04, 2016

2 Mini Reviews (Twin Reflections and Five Seven Five)

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

This book surprised me! I wasn't too sure what to think by the blurb, it sounded like a good read but then again it was so vague... but let me tell you now; this book is so good! It spends quite a bit of time setting the world up and then everything kicks in. The romance... I actually really enjoyed it.

This book gave me a few The Giver vibes but in the best way. The Giver is one of my favorite books from my childhood. So for this book to receive that kind of praise is not something one should take lightly.

I don't want to give any spoilers
but I will say that Kaz is my favorite character and I'm sure if you read the book you will agree. It's a quick read, only a little over 200 pages and it reads even faster than that. You will not want to stop reading this book until it's over and then you'll want more. The reason I take off one star was a few little parts were confusing and I had to go back and reread them to figure them out. Otherwise it's a great, fun read!









I didn't want to mention this because I didn't want to give it a good rating just because if the author's age but I just had to. She's only 14 and the thing is, it doesn't show. I would never have known that this author is so young. The way she builds the world, the way the words flow. How she puts together the sentences. Amazing! At her age I was not anywhere near her level.

The story is quite imaginative, twins in search of their camp director. It's such a fun cute tale. I love how this book wastes no time in jumping right into the action. It's also a quick read as it's less than 200 pages. So this book can easily be read in one sitting and you will want to! It's hard to put down, though I do remove a star because the maze scenes are sometimes a bit hard to follow.

I love the characters the most, she did a great job of making them feel flushed out. Leaving me to feel I know them well after the story was over. This is a cute little book, anyone who loves young YA fantasy or even middle grade fantasy will devour this! Ii can't wait to see what else this promising young author releases in the future. Lastly, I'm just going to add that I'm now a fan!

*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Five Seven Five, but since you compared it to The Giver I will have to add it to my to read list. The Giver is one of my all time favorite books and the first book I was forced to read in school that I enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was so happy that I was made to read The Giver. Still one of my favorite books!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...