Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Shadowhunters Episode 3 - Short Review



I think this is going to be my last review for this series. I was hoping that I would have more good things to say and then I'd get to fangirl over everything but I don't want to keep harping on the same things or keep ragging on this TV show. I will say last nights episode was.... just too different. I also hate to say that it's forgettable, I watched the episode last night and have already forgotten pretty much all of it. Sad.

I understand that when you adapt books to screen that things need to change. This is just too much. I am glad that each episode does seem to get a little better. I'm not sure if that's just because everything is growing on me though. 


Anyway, I may tune into this show in a few episodes to see if it's gotten any better but this is about all I can take when it comes to something I love being so abused and torn apart. I will still say that I like the movie better than this. 

I'm going to abadon this ship and just watch something more interesting or read the books again. I mean Lady Midnight is coming out in March and I want to try and reread the series. To all those that like the TV show, I'm glad. I'm happy that some people can kind enjoyment in this and it was so epic that we got a second chance to see our beloved world come to life. Sadly, it just wasn't good to me. 


4 comments:

  1. I totally get it. I’ve been watching in hopes that it would improve. The second episode got my hopes up - this one was a mess!
    Meliorn x Izzy was weird
    Simon and Camille was TERRIBLY AWKWARD
    Clary is far too ditzy
    Alec is cool though...
    The way they said ‘parabati’ as Pear-ah-but-tie made me cringe
    That whole thing with the sword in the cemetery... o.o
    And then the vampire fight was too easy.

    Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Everything you said! I agree 29474929475%!!

      Delete
  2. After reading your review I'm glad that I didn't give it a try..Maybe in a few episodes it will get better, who knows?

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still been watching it.... Idk not worse but not much better to me.

      Delete