Sunday, January 10, 2016

December Wrap Up!





I did not read many books this month, only three. I've been so busy with my now full time job, Christmas, classes, my father's birthday, and getting sick. So I've not got to blog or even read much at all. I've not read a single book so far this year and it's sad. It's caused me to get into a reading slump as well. I have so much I want to read but I look at the book and just sigh. It makes me feel like why bother? I'll just have to stop reading and go to work. It would take me a whole week or more to read a book and by that point I'm afraid I've forgotten most of the beginning. 

I've just got to find that good balance to reading and balancing mundane life. If any of you guys do the same, give me some tips in the comments! I could use them. Anyway, off to the three books I read in December.

Also tell me what you guys read this part month below in the comments. Also, I've missed you all! I've got a lot to catch up on so be looking out for me to comment on your blogs. 





















10 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I have the exact same struggles as you in regards to finding a balance. I work roughly 10 hour days plus have a 45 minute commute both ways. Honestly I try to make up for it during the weekends. It takes me about 10 days to finish a book when I'm working a lot. One thing I just started doing is making a goal to read 2 chapters a day. I usually use my Kindle so I highlight parts I really like and make notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ten hours a day!? With that long of a commute?! I don't see how you read any at all! That's amazing! Yeah two chapters a day is a really good and pretty easy goal. I'll be using that!

      Delete
  2. I've been having the same struggles as you! I just finished my first book of the year today...which is sad considering we're a third of the way through the month. One thing I've found that really helps is reading graphic novels and manga. Just for reading slumps in general. It makes me feel more accomplished and keeps me reading, maybe it could help you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been getting more and more in manga for that very reason! I've bought like six volumes this month :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to start reading more Jennifer L. Armentrout. I've heard lovely things about her books but I've only read Obsidian. I'm sorry you didn't have much time for reading last month. :/ I really love the image you created!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes! Omg yes! You need to read more JLA books! She's amazing!

      Delete
  4. Awe sorry you were sick! I just balance everything out by reading when I can. A few minutes here and there really can add up. Also, sometimes I read less and I just have to not stress over it. Reading is fun and when it feels like a chore than a break can be a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching Netflix to help pass my time.... lol I know I shouldn't but I am.
      I had the flu :( I'm just so thankful that my daughter or partner didn't catch it!

      Delete
  5. Wowww Alice looks terrifying! Congrats on NaNo! :D

    Also, I was bored so spontaneously created a tag! I tagged you in it! :) Enjoy!

    http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.nl/2016/01/new-tag-book-siblings-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm so doing your tag! It will probably be up next week!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!