Sunday, November 08, 2015

NaNoWriMo Snippet & Update!

       


As I am writing this post I have 12,649 words written and let me tell you, once I actually get the story completed, I have a lot of editing to do! So how are you guys doing? 
I also wanted to take this time and share a small part of my novel, it's the Prelude. So read it and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts little sunflowers! And to those doing NaNoWriMo, don't worry, you still have plenty of days left this month. That's what I'm telling myself at least.








The Choice 

         Light blue eyes watched the small blonde girl as she twirled around. The happiness on her face was abundant but there was also a smugness in her thoughts. She felt she deserved what she was getting. The wind blew his dyed brown hair around his face and it also caused the girl’s dress to ghost around her legs.

“It’s all so amazing.” The girl’s voice rang through the crisp early morning air. The grass was still a vivid green, but that wouldn’t last for long, autumn was coming and with it a new queen. “I mean this is stuff all girls dream about. Becoming a queen, finding true love.”

The young man wanted to laugh at her, he’d played his part in this game well. He’d convinced her completely. “So then have you chosen?”

She stopped as her eyes searched the dense forest around them, “is Danny here?”

A lightly tanned hand pointed over to a large tree covered in moss, “he’s been there the whole time, so say it. Him or me?”

The girl seemed to pause but only for a second, “I’ve chosen.” Holding up her necklace, she showed it to the young man, it was a solid white heart. The only one like it in the whole world and beyond. “I choose you.”

An almost cruel smile spread across the prince of Heaven’s face. Even though he knew he’d win again, the feeling was still such a high. “Good choice. Hear that, brother? You can go now. See you in the next one hundred years.”

The man behind the tree looked up at the sunlight peeking through the canopy, arms crossed over his chest. He knew he was going to lose. After all, to win, you need to actually fight. Yes, his father would be angry, but he couldn’t force someone to chose him. That was against the rules of this terrible game.

“Don’t worry D, we’ll get the next one.” The boy gently patted his shoulder.
But the prince of Hell knew better. He’d never win and part of him hoped he never would.












This is my own work and can not be used without my permission. 

8 comments:

  1. Ooo cool snippet! Sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo this is a really cool start! I really want to know more about the prince of Hell now! Keep up the awesome work! You got this!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying! I'm behind though. Ugh lol

      Delete
  3. Oh whoa, it's so good! I'm definitely intrigued by your story. Hopefully you'll give us some more snippets? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that snippet was so amazing!! (And I totally second the comment above me ^ More snippets would be awesome, I'm basically dying to read more) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I'll be posting more snippets :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...