Saturday, September 05, 2015

Review - The Queen






Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.









Book Breakdown



This was a very short quick read, Amberly is such a sweet girl and I really enjoy her character. Though I want to smack her upside the head for being in love with Clarkson. He's even an asshat as a teenager! She's too good for him. But it's cute how loyal she is to him. Maybe a bit too far. The whole cutting her hair just because he mentioned it? Like really? He could tell her to jump and she would.

I hate when sweet girls get with jerks. It was so sad to hear from the Dr that she would probably never have kids (but we know she does). Clarkson was so mean though, saying the nanny could care for the baby so he wouldn't have to if they even had a kid. Like oh my God, I want to slap him over and over.

The writing as always is simple and easy to follow. Nothing special that stand out. I would get this novella if you love Amberly and want to see how Clarkson only gets worse as he gets older. I don't care that he had bad examples as a kid growing up. So many people children today and they turn out fine. He's just a waste of a human. 

On the other hand, I just love being in this world though, it's so fun and yet sad when the rebels attack. Honestly, this series isn't the best but I just love it anyway. It's just so entertaining.










Favorite Quote



1) This was joy. This was love. So many words you hear about or read about, and now . . . now I knew them.

10 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Book Fangirling Blog Award :D see my post here: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/book-fangirling-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds somewhat interesting... I still haven't decided if I want to read any of the novellas or not lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it was okay. It was a quick read but I wouldn't waste money on it. I borrowed from the library.

      Delete
  3. I didn't enjoy the novella nearly as much as you did but I agree with everything you've said. Amberly's devotion was cute but too overdone and Clarkson... I really have nothing nice to say. Great and honest review! And I love the quote you selected. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it's way overdone! Clarkson... yeah just yeah.

      Delete
  4. Even though I know Clarkson was an ass, I liked how this book kind of gave an insight into WHY he was so horrible. Maybe if he'd had a better family life he wouldn't be such a horrible character in the books. I agree with what you said about Amberly though! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I didn't even think of that but you're right! Maybe that's why he's such an asshat, his family life was pretty terrible!

      Delete
  5. I've nominated you for an award!

    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/09/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much but I've already done this award. Still it means a lot so seriously thank you! :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.