Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Review - Moonlight



Description 


I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

Kayla is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

Lucas is dangerous, gorgeous... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.








Book Breakdown 



I loved the premise of this book, the world. The idea was so amazing. But it fell flat. I wanted to love this book so freaking much but I couldn't. It was rather boring and strange. Kayla is in love with a boy who never speaks to her. He is the cliche bad boy. He is brooding and mysterious. Until you get to know him, then he becomes a mushy and reminds me of a puppy.

The plot goes like this. Kayla lost her family at a young age, she was adopted by a loving couple who takes her camping in the forest where her family was killed. A year later she goes back and is now what we call a guide. She meets all these shifters, but doesn't know they are shifters and that she is one of them too. The bad guys are trying to catch a werewolf and Lucus has family issues with his brother who tells the bad guys about them being shifters. The bad guys end up getting away and Lucus kills his brother. Kayla finds out she is Lucus's mate and ends up deciding to be with him. It's all quite childish, their love.

I hate intsa love and that's what this book has. The writing was plain and simplistic. Nothing special. The idea was awesome but so poorly flushed out. It just breaks my heart because I wanted to write this book but from now on, I'm going to stay away from this author. I've not liked anything she's written.













Favorite Quotes


1) “Hey, you have a soft spot for the mortal ones. A fascination with all the charming things they do while listening to the tick, tick, tick of their own looming lives. That's fine, that's good, everyone needs a hobby.”

2) “He'd asked if I felt the pull. I couldn't deny that I did. And that it terrified me.
It wasn't like a crush. It wasn't like seeing a guy and thinking I'd like him to take me to the prom. It was soul-deep, as though he was everything, the one, forever. I had to remind myself that I barely knew the guy. But still I couldn't shake the feeling of being meant for each other - as corny as that sounded.”

3) “A very naked Lucas was crouched near Ethan. I couldn't process that. He was a werewolf? Dr. Keane and Mason were right? No, no, no. There was another explanation. There had to be. My world tilted and I had an urge to scream hysterically.
I stared at his bare back while he tugged off Ethan's cargo pants. He had absolutely no tan lines. He was like a perfect bronzed god. I might have fallen in lust right then and there if I didn't know that he came with issues in the form of a furry body and canine incisors.” 

2 comments:

  1. Boo for instalove. I was reading the blurb and was like oooh sounds good! Glad I read your review though, I'd have the same issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It sounded so good! I hate when books lie...

      Delete