Sunday, August 02, 2015

Weekly Reading (6)

The Gemstone Chronicles Book One: The Carnelian
This was given to me for free for a review


When Aidan and Maggie find a fairy cross while rock-hunting with their grandfather, it's just an oddity. But when they discover there is an elf imprisoned in the stone and set him free, they and their grandparents, Nana and Beebop, are attacked by Dark Elves and forced to flee to the magical world of Celahir. 

In Celahir, Findecano - the elf the children freed from the fairy cross - leads them on a quest to recover gemstones stolen from the Elven Bow by the Dark Elves. Without the restoration of the gemstones to the Elven Bow, the balance between good and evil in Celahir - and the human world - could tip toward evil.





This one my boyfriend has told me to read... he said if I didn't read this series that he'd dump me... he is that much of a fanboy for this series.


Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.





What are you lovely tulips reading? Let me know in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Twilight for the first time (!). I'm enjoying it so far. ☺️

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Book & Random Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Twilight and not too long ago I reread it, it's not as good as I first thought but I still enjoy it so much. I can't believe you haven't read it yet! Hope you love it!

      Delete
  2. Lol I'm actually reading the forst book of Harry Potter too, though it didn't get me the first time I tried to read it this book literally appeated on my book radar again when it became my summer reading project xD I hope you'll enjoy those books though!! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do enjoy them too! I also hope you like them as well! Everyone seems to love them...

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely blog :)
    I am not reading anything for the moment simply because I can't decide what to read ahah ^^ Besides I am still recovering from Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen :)

    @ "Book Addict"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...