Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Blogger Recognition Award





I was nominated by these lovely people: Theepika @JustThatGirlAngelErin @Angel Erin's Book Obsession,  Trinity @The Midnight Princess Sinead @Less Reality, More Books, and Julia Love @ For The Love Of Books Thank you guys so much! This means a lot to me.

If you are nominated then here are the rules-

1) Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.

2) Write a post to show off your award. Give a brief story on how your blog got started, and give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. Make sure to attach the award itself! You can do this by right clicking, saving and uploading the image above.

3) Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.

4) Provide a link to the original post. Edge of Night. That way anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed and we keep it from becoming mutated and becoming confusing.



Who I'm nominating. I tried to nominate people who haven't yet been nominated, just to spread the love around!
1) Kynndra-Jo (Booknadian)
2) Konstantina (The Reading Armchair)
3) Hazel (Hazy Reads)
4) Mikayla (Mikayla's Bookshelf)
5) Nicola (Nicola Reads YA)
6) Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
7) Katiria (La Jersey Chika Reads Indie Books)
8) Krystle (Kookie Krysp Reads)
9) Anthea Patsalos (YA Book Space)
10) Betsy Perez ( I Sold My Soul For Books)
11) Garima Gupta (Book Rave)
12) Claire (Book Blog Bird)
13) Jade (BoofMuffin)
14) Myra (I'm loving books)
15) Beatrice Masalunga (Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic)


My Story

It's kind of sad really. I have no friends who read like me. I have one friend who reads but it's that erotica stuff that I'm not into. So I have no one to share my thoughts with or fangirl with in my everyday life. It's been like this for years. My sister will listen and my boyfriend does too but they really don't care, haha. I'd never thought about starting a blog... what would I write? How could I talk to others? I'm quite shy. Then I read the Lux series... Katy was a book blogger. It gave me the idea and I went with it. 
I don't even remember my first blog post, a review but I don't know of what book. It took a very long time to get my first comment but I saw it... I was so amazingly happy. I'm still so happy to get every single comment I do. That's my story. Short and sweet. Only a few more months till my blog anniversary though. I started on November 11, 2014. Thank you all so much for coming with me on this road and for all the friends I've made.


My Advice


Do what you want, don't do memes and stuff just to get followers. It will get boring. If you enjoy your posts and have fun then that's all that matters.

My second piece of advice is for new bloggers, don't get disheartened if no one comments, it happens. It still happens to me. It's how it goes. So don't stop or give up. Keep on going!



4 comments:

  1. Ooo congrats on so many nominations!! I love your advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your advice and story! Sometimes you just need to have someone to fangirl with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having people to fangirl with! It's the best part!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...