Monday, August 10, 2015

6 Series I Won't Finish

Everyone does it, you get the first book in a series and love it, get the second and hate it... do you continue? Some do and some don't. I'm going to give you a some series that I won't continue and explain why. Now I'm not saying that you guys have to hate any of these series of course. If you like them then more power to you. I hope you enjoy them. They just aren't my thing. On we go!






1) Darkness Before Dawn
This book was just so predicable and didn't hold my interest very long and yeah... after finishing this book I have no desire to read the other 2... or is there 3? See, I don't even like the book enough to know how many is out there.  







2)  Pretty Little Liars 

I love the TV show! It's so awesome, though I can admit that it is kind of falling a bit... just a wee bit. So, loving the TV, I thought I'd give the books a try... Big mistake on my part. I got through the first book and then forced myself to get through half the second... then decided that life is too short to read books I care nothing for.









3) Talon

I hate that I have to list this one but I can't get into this book! I hate it. I love anything else by Julia Kagawa but this.... /sigh/ It even has dragons! DRAGONS! I still just... this hurts my heart.








4) The Raven Boys

I've heard that this books takes a while to get into and that's fine by me, I don't mind slow world building or just slow building in general... but this series was just too slow. I love the idea and the book was actually alright just not good enough for me to want to keep going.






5) Maximum Ride

I read these back when I thought there was only 3 and then more came out and they just got worse and worse and boring and ugh. I maybe the only one in the world who thinks this... James Patterson isn't as good of an author as everyone thinks. He's way too overhyped. #sorrynotsorry






6) Uglies

I read the first book and had to pause for a moment... this series just didn't stick in my mind. To me it was unmemorable. I know a lot of people like this series and that's great. You like it and enjoy it. It's just my thing.


10 comments:

  1. I think you ahould give to the Raven boys another try. The books become greater and the mystery is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps saying that! I may just have too! I already own the audiobook.

      Delete
  2. Oh bummer. I adore Julie Kagawa's books! Talon is definitely a bit different than her previous ones, but I think it's also why I like it! Plus I don't think I've read any straight up dragon books, so I really have nothing to compare it too!

    The only other series I've read here is Darkness Before Dawn. It was an okay trilogy (there's just 3 total) ;) but I can't remark on how much I enjoyed it! What's worse, at the same time of release or there about, Elizabeth Richards had her vampire trilogy out and I couldn't note some similarities between them. Ones that weren't just easily written off either. Right now I am sort of struggling to remember which was which! It's not that I didn't like either one, but yeah, those similarities!

    If you were to give any a second try, I'd go with Talon. Rogue was awesome! Though depending on your tolerance for love triangles, that might be another issue for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Dragons!!! I wanted to love the book so bad! I don't even mind love triangles. I may give this another try, just sometime in the future.

      Just three? I thought there was more for some reason. Oh wow... that's not good if they had so many similarities.

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy the Raven Boys! It's comforting knowing that you're not the only person in the world who thinks these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Sometimes you just feel like the only one who doesn't.

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with Uglies! I read the first book forever ago, and didn't hate it, but I didn't really feel compelled pick up the next book. Honestly I have no clue if I'll ever actually finish the series.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really hesitant to read PLL.. because it's too loooooong. so many books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the show but the books, in my opinion, I wouldn't read them if I were you.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...