Saturday, July 18, 2015

Review - Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3)





Details

Title: Fragile Eternity 
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely 
Number in Series: 3
Page Count: 389
Format: Hardcover
Published: April 21, 2009
Publisher: Bowen Press









Description 

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone - but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her - but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.


In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.



My Review


*Spoiler Alert*

Where to start? I loved the first book of this series, it had all my favorite things. Action, hot alternative guys, sweet romance, and a strong female. Donia not Ash. This book though... what was the plot? Seth getting turned in a faery? That's pretty much all that happened. There was lots of lust and people wanting someone they couldn't have. It was a book of nothing but talking! The only cool things that happened was Niall punched Keenan and Donia stabbed Ash! That's it. Not even kidding everything else was talk and someone wanting someone else.

What happened to plot from the first two? They were great and this.... I honestly would've quit reading if not for my mad love of Seth. Even when he got his wish to be faery, that was too easy. Northing to prove himself just a simple talk and bam, insta-faery. I just ugh! I want to scream from the top of my lungs, why!?

All the characters we have grown to love are still here but just.... boring. No one even had a true character arc, they all stayed the same except Seth. Then the way Ash so easily gives into Keenan when Seth is gone for a while (6 months), I want to smack her. I needed to stop before I have a heart attack from how truly upset I am. I'd give this book a huge F and no stars but I just love Seth and this world so much that I'll give it a two and hope the other two are better. What did you think of this book?




Favorite Quotes

1) “Happiness is a choice.”

2) “Loving someone meant letting them be who they were, not caging them” 

3) “Just be you-strong and honest. The rest falls into place if you do that. It always has. It always will. Remember that. No matter what happens over the . . . centuries ahead of you, remember to be honest with yourself. And if you fail, forgive yourself. You'll make mistakes. The whole world is new, and they have so many more years in the then you.” 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is true. Sometimes you just wonder why does the first book/s was/were great, and 4/5-stars worthy. I just don't get it. Did the author lose interest or something? Did she get sick? You just can't help but to wonder why. Haha!

    Fiona of A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder that myself... I mean why make more novels if your heart isn't in it?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...