Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review - Evermore




Details


Title: Evermore
Series: The Immortals 
Author: Alyson Noel
Page Count: 301
Format: Paperback
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publish Date: February 3rd 2009








Description 



The first book in Alyson Noël's extraordinary new Immortals series. Enter an enchanting new world, where true love never dies...

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him. - From Goodreads




My Thoughts


*SPOILER ALERT* 


This book.... I'm not sure what to think about it. It had a good idea for a plot but I felt it was rushed, the whole book seemed kind of rushed to me actually. Bits and pieces (Skyrim...), just thrown together to make a quick novel. This is a very easy quick read. I could've finished it all in one day.

Now, the characters, I'm not sure how I feel about Ever, to me seemed like she never grew any throughout this book, I don't like that. When someone goes through massive events, you're going to change like it or not. Maybe where she was a cheerleader before... that's why she seemed a little shallow coming from that kind of lifestyle. Anyway, I don't like her really.

Miles was my favorite character, too bad he wasn't in there more. He was funny, a good friend, and actually seemed like a likable guy.

I don't think I'll be continuing with this series.



Favorite Quotes 



1) “You never know what you have till you've lost it.” 

2) “I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” 

3) “Today's worries are yesterday's fears and tomorrow's stories.” 

4) “I was a beautiful vampire princess loved, worshiped and admired by all. I lived in a luxurious gothic castle and I have no idea how I ended up at this fiberglass table with you losers.”

5) “She's kind of a, well, you know, a B with an itch.” 

6) “undying love.....” 

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY. Someone who agrees that this wasn't that great of a series! It wasn't exactly paced very well, and I was relatively confused the entire time. I'm glad someone feels the same way!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Everyone always says this series is awesome and I'm just like..... no. Lol :D

      Delete