Wednesday, May 13, 2015

To Ride A Silver Broomstick - A Review




 Description


Throughout the world there is a New Generation of Witches - people practicing or wishing to practice the Craft on their own, without an in-the-flesh magickal support group. "To Ride a Silver Broomstick" presents both the science and religion of Witchcraft so you can become an active participant while growing at your own pace. This book is ideal for anyone, regardless of religious background: male or female, young or old, beginners and initiates.









My Thoughts

No spoilers, I don't even know if it's possible to spoil this kind of book.


I know there are lots and lots of people who absolutely hate Silver RavenWolf but I don't. Hers was the second book I ever read about Wicca, the first being The Big Blue Book by none other than Raymond Buckland. I read other reviews of her books and people say that she talks down to the reader, I didn't feel that way at all. I like her writing, it's friendly and easy to understand even for the younger crowd. Her writing makes me feel like she is sitting right in front of me. Like we are having a conversation. I really like that! 

I know people also say that if you read anything by Llewellyn Publications then you're being given the fluffy bunny stuff or that you can't be a real witch/wiccan/pagan if you read their stuff. I don't feel that way. I really love Llewellyn, I enjoy their books and own quite a few with the intent to get more. I do also read from other publishers as well. The point I'm going for here, it's personal preference. Like what you like because you like it. Don't let people dictate what you think. If Llewellyn books help you along you journey then read them. If Silver RavenWolf is an author that helps you understand better than read her work. I've read most of her work and even own a few of her books.

Now the actual review, this is the basic of basic into Wicca, it's easy to understand. There is a lot of very helpful things in here to get you started. I do recommend getting other books to go along with this as some things she just barely touches on. Like I said, it's a very basic book, great for a first timer or someone who just wants to test the waters before jumping in head first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment