Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Stay With Me (Wait For You #3) - Review



Description 


At 21, Calla hasn't done a lot of things. She’s never been kissed, never seen the ocean, never gone to an amusement park. But growing up, she witnessed some things no child ever should.   She still carries the physical and emotional scars of living with a strung-out mother, Mona—secrets she keeps from everyone, including her close circle of college friends.

But the safe cocoon Calla has carefully built is shattered when she discovers her mom has stolen her college money and run up a huge credit card debt in her name. Now, Calla has to go back to the small town she thought shed left behind and clean up her mom’s mess again. Of course, when she arrives at her mother’s bar, Mona is nowhere to be found. Instead, six feet of hotness named Jackson James is pouring drinks and keeping the place humming.

Sexy and intense, Jax is in Calla’s business from they moment they meet, giving her a job and helping her search for Mona. And the way he looks at her makes it clear he wants to get horizontal . . . and maybe something more. Before Calla can let him get close, though, she’s got to deal with the pain of the past—and some very bad guys out to mess her up if she doesn't give them her mom.


My Thoughts 

*SPOILER ALERT*

Calla is a 21 year old going to college for nursing. She hides her past from her friends. She is ashamed of of it. She tried to put it all behind her and did a pretty good job till her mother cleaned out her bank accounts, leaving her with nothing. She has to go back to her hometown, where she hopes to find her mother and settle this whole ordeal. She's also never been in any kind of romantic relationship, she thinks she's ugly. There was a horrible accident when she was little, leaving her with scars all along her chest, back, and even one along her face. She meets Jax at the bar her mother owns and he seems to think she's beautiful and even tells her so. He wants to be closer to her but she's too afraid to truly open up.

This book follows Jax and Calla as they fall in love and this one to me as a much better plot than the pervious two, Calla having to find her mother before a really powerful drug lord comes after her and Jax always besides her. There are lots of secrets between them. It's cute to watch their love build, even though Jax has really been in love with her before she even met him. I think the part with her mother is sad, I wished she had become a better person but it's realistic, Mona was too addicted to her drugs.

It was such a nice surprise to see the rest of the gang in there, I'm also really glad Avery opened up about what happened to her, she is still growing and I love her so much. Tessa seems to be getting better too.

Overall, I honestly think this book is my favorite so far plot wise but I still love Avery the most. As for the guys... I really don't know. In same ways they are all the same with only a few major differences between them. That's just my opinion. They are all great in their owns ways and perfect for the ladies they are with.

I do think it was very bad on Jax's character to actually have sexual relations with Calla so soon after her being shot. I think that was kind of wrong. She needed more time to heal, no matter if she wanted it. That's really my only gripe with this novel.

I love Jennifer L Armentrout's character development, it's something she really shines at. I've never read one of her books where they all don't grow in some way. It's something I'd like to see more of from other authors.

My rating for this book is four stars, yes, I'm docking a star for the sexual acts after being shot because it really bothered me. I for one would not be wanting anything of that sort after something like that and if I did I'd hope my boyfriend would tell me no.


Favorite Quotes


1) “He read? Oh my God, guys that read were like unicorns. They only existed in fairy tales.” 

2) “Jase turned his head to me, brows raised. “If I liked guys—you know, swung that way, I’d get naked after that.”

I blinked. Um.

“And I’d put a ring on that,” Cam added, moving to where Avery sat.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.