Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Review - Wait For You (Wait For You #1)



Book Description

Some things are worth waiting for . . .

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at that fateful Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. What she never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing . . .

Cameron Hamilton is six feet, three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make Avery want things she believed had been irrevocably stolen from her. Getting involved with him is dangerous. Yet ignoring the simmering tension that sparks between them—and brings out a side of her she never knew existed—is impossible.

Some things shouldn't be kept quiet . . .

But when Avery starts receiving threatening e-mails and phone calls, she's forced to face a past she wants to keep buried and acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. If the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface with one less scar? And will Cam be there to help her?

And some things are worth fighting for . . . 



My Thoughts

*SPOILER ALERT*


I'll start off with the two main characters, Avery and Cam. But ladies first of course. Avery, is such a sweet girl. Running from her absolutely terrible past. I found myself throughout the book wanting to reach into the book and just comfort her. I also had to stop myself from planning to commit the murders of her mother and father, if you can even call them that. What they did to her was completely dfkhidogfh I don't even have the write words to describe it. She needed someone to help her see that she wasn't broken and that she didn't need to keep running. She is stronger than that. 

Enter Cam, the sexy, kind, and well, dreamy love interest. He also has a hidden dark past but he doesn't seem to let it control him like Avery. All he was doing was protecting his younger sister... just took it a bit too far. He also has the cutest pet turtle: Raphael.

 
Above: What Raphael does when Cam is gone

They have an instant connection and he asks her out the first time they meet. I would have liked to see their love build a little more slowly but it was a wild ride with all their ups and downs and I enjoyed every bit of it. I often found myself just mentally screaming for Avery to confide in Cam. 

The whole plot is based around trust and for her to actually try and accept what happened  and realize that she can still live. That one terrible thing didn't have to define who she was. It's a basic plot as are the rest in this series but they are still wonderful reads. I plan on reading all of them except Trust in Me, I don't feel the need too. It's just a rehash of this book from Cam's point of view. Overall, I give this book four stars. I've read only two in this series and I'm currently reading Stay With Me. I'd rate in order of favorites Stay With Me, Wait For You, and Be With Me. 
I really love Jennifer L Armentrout but sometimes I feel in this series that the girls are all very much alike. Yes, they have different major points but a lot of their actions are the same. Am I alone in this or do you feel the same way? Let me know.

Favorite Quotes

1) “I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.” 

2) “Leaning back against Cam's chest, I tipped my head back and I reached up, cupping his cheek. I drew his mouth to mine and kissed him softly. "Thank you."

His lips curved up on one side. "For what?"

"For waiting for me.” 

3) “You've been checking me out, haven't you? In between your flaming insults? I feel like man candy.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment